Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

I also gave them grower Duck feed and some dry cat food yesterday ..I will feed the grower for this week and then the finisher as regular after...I pick lots of clover, dandelion and chick weed daily too...Also a bit of fresh Alfalfa...I really felt sick seeing them yesterday...I will totally do my best to bring their condition back to 100%.....:highfive:

I love Ducks....:hugs

@Ravynscroft ...Calls or Bantams?...I think Calls but could be wrong?...They are small and so cute....They are in pretty bad condition and the Poor Hen was over bred by two fighting Drakes of the same colour...Stupid people..the little Drake looks worse than the Hen...All his feathers are broken and torn...Their feet are all dry and cracked....Awful what people do to animals....Makes me sad....I'm going to rub Vaseline on their legs and feet tonight once I put them up to sleep...

Not Calls... and all Calls are bantams, but not all bantams are Calls...

Those are mini Apleyards... slender, longer necks, longer, narrower bills along with the streamlined body and headshape is a dead giveaway for not a Call... ever PQ Calls have distinct traits of Calls...

Look here at this page and you can compare those...

http://www.holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/mini_sa_page/mini_sa_page.htm

They are gorgeous have they been in water yet they maybe able to clean up their own feet and legs just by bathing then do the spa treatment.
They have a big rubber feed dish to bath in....They don't seam to understand swimming at all...Possibly never have swam?...I will introduce to a kiddie pool once they settle...Poor Ducks....

Sadly....

Bouncer will have to be rehomed.....He attacked Lucy my little Yorkie who he bit and ripped her neck...He then attacked me too...His aggression has gotten out of hand so I think Culling is maybe the best option?....Hard decision but he is way too mean....:th

Last edited:
I'm sad.....
He is 5 months old and Huge....He is so aggressive its dangerous letting him out...He attacks me every time I go into his run to feed or water...If I free range him he attacks my Dogs...Poor Lucy was yelping so loud and Bouncer was on top of her biting and shaking her....I have been trying to correct him but it only makes him more aggressive....
I'm very sad that he has turned out this way....DW was never aggressive....

Back
Top Bottom