Hatching my first KONZA!!!

big_smile.png
OUr scheduling today is CRAZY busy . . .trying to fit everything in !!!!

THe Sulms eggs are rediculously expensive to buy directly from a breeder-- so I look for the auctions. And the chicks are even more rediculously expensive.  For now they will be crossed into my  cornish cross project birds. ANd maybe the Konzas. THe one Sulm chick looks like it is a pullet. So praying if I get only one from this latest batch it is a BOY!! lol 
Yes, rarity has its price. I'm hoping a fellow Canadian with deep pockets & patience will import them. I could be waiting a long time. :lol:

Good luck with the hatch! Some interesting meat projects for sure. :D

Last edited:
lol--

I was thinking of my Candian friends when a long time friend stopped by for a visit and was headed for the border that same night ( to home) that perhaps she could be turned into a courier. lol

I'm at maximum capacity right now.
tongue.png
Will have room next year.
wink.png

Whereabouts is your Canadian friend, if you don't mind my asking?
Sending you a pm.

I have a few more to move out side today-- the eggs under the broody BO have only 1 viable egg the others are black inside and sloshy and are headed to the compost pile. THe good news is the girls will be coming back into lay , or the better come back into lay -- I need there eggs for customers!!

WIll go thru turkey eggs under hens tonight and toss what I can. I have 6 broody turkey hens!!
th.gif
As soon as I let one hen sit on some eggs the other girls wanted to join in on the fun!!!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom