Hatching my first KONZA!!!

I have a breeding quad and a few chicks on the ground, eggs in the bator. Had a big move or I'd have more. Had planned to get one of the remaining trios - but if I know Renee she has birds tucked around she'd not thinking about so there may be more available. Even if more birds can't be secured - I can honor with what I all ready have. Sooo, tommysgirl - pm for PP and next spring we'll co-ordinate for shipping the eggs. Will pack them how ever you like - shipping will be at cost.

THe packing method is really simple once you get the hang of it. Double boxing with padding between the the boxes is a key factor, THen packing the eggs so they done move much -- I now double wrap indiviual eggs with double the bubble wrap .

Of course having eggs that are fresh fresh fresh is important too.

Over this last year, many of my customers had wonderful hatch rates with my sweetgrass turkeys-- 6/7 or 5/6 seemed to be typical. THis was a combo of the packing and thier good genes.

I do think we need to get as many of REnees birds as possible while we still can.

OK I am in. I will send you a pay pal for 40.00 for a dozen. I don't know how big I can truly go with Konzas at this point but I for sure would like to help you keep them going. Thank you Eden Camp for masterminding!

Got it!!!!!! Thank you! Tommysgirl #2 1 dozen eggs
No problem!

@Arielle I already asked EdenCamp but at what age did you figure out the sex of your Konza? Mine are flummoxing me. They are 15 weeks and act like pullets but have short cockerel tails, are HEFTY and have cockerel legs. I think their legs are so big b/c their bodies are but it would sure be nice to know...soon
wink.png

OK, unless slip between cup and lips ... have meet set up next Sunday afternoon to get with Renee and pick up birds.
Soooo this is the last week to pre-order at discount and help to purchase more of the Konza for a centralized gene pool.
Yay!!!!!!!! It is great that you are orchestrating this!
So here are some new pics of Magnus/Maggie I hope they give you the information you need.

I am a little excited to be a part of this. I have only been doing this for about 2.5 years so I still have chicken ADD. the right color or pattern can turn my head. Toss in a crest and I am a goner. But it makes me happy that I might be part of developing/ maintaining something. I won't be able to have a bunch but I will keep em coming.

Back
Top Bottom