Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Quote:
Nothing but a few wobbles from mine. Still no pips or peeping and yesterday was day 21...be patient, that's what I'm trying to do...
fl.gif
pop.gif

Our patience paid off!! We have a pip!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif

Thank you, BDG - I had a lot of fun taking pictures of littles! More fun than they had, certainly!

Moved them all in the brooder after the photoshoot! Need to clean the hatcher out after it cools off a bit this evening. I can do that while I watch my grownies range in the yard.

libertygirlz wrote:

KiddBantams wrote:

Today was day 20 for me and nothing yet. It is my first time to incubate, I have 16 cochin bantam eggs in a Brinesa Octagon 20 advance. I am getting a little depressed because I thought I would have something happen by now. I will be heart broke if not one egg hatches.

Nothing but a few wobbles from mine. Still no pips or peeping and yesterday was day 21...be patient, that's what I'm trying to do...fl

I have had 3 hatch and 2 more pipped, this is such a miracle watching them hatch.

I went to candle my guinea eggs tonight before putting them in lockdown and to my surprise I felt a jaggy edge. I found 2 had already started pipping. So I hurried and put them back in and quickly jumped up humidity. Then I noticed 4 more wobbling with no pips yet. They are not due til friday and I did read some have come as soon as day 25 but that is tomarrow. I hope they're Ok since I took them out to candle.
barnie.gif

wee.gif
pop.gif
wee.gif
pop.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I started this thread with the happy hope that we'd get a couple chicks out of a couple dozen eggs. But alas, I made the mistake last Sunday (11 days ago) of moving things around in the incubator, adding another heat sink jar, removing some extra foam. Then I ran off to church and dinner with family. Came home to find the incubator at 106 degrees. I don't know how long it was that way. We candled the next day (had had movement the night before Sunday) and on Monday say no movement. But waited. Last Thursday several of the eggs look liked they had grown inside, filling the inside, so we kept 16 of the 32.

As of today, no pipping, no rocking, no chicks. We're just heartbroken. It's our 2nd time incubating, 2nd time failure. I feel like a chick killer and a child disappointer. My daughter is so sad. Gonna candle real quick to see if any movement. Don't you think its too late though now? 21 days was officially 1 am Sunday morning. What should I do?

Kinda jealous of everyone's beautiful adorable fuzzy butts!
barnie.gif

That's sad but mine hatched at day 23... And then some undeveloped didn't make it. Always hope.
I fiddle too much too... Good luck.

Quote:
I'm so sorry, Kris. It is heartbreaking to lose them. I guess at this point I'd poke holes in the airsac side of the egg just to be completely sure that nothing is going on.

This go 'round I only ended up with 5/18, but most of that was from my stupid mistakes. If I had only just given 8-9 to Lacey and tossed the rest, I'd probably have better results. On the flip side though, 2 or my fuzzy butts are ones that started life in the 'bator and were moved to mama at last candling, so who knows.
hu.gif

I'm glad you liked the picture. Broodies with babies are just about the cutest things ever. I love it when the chicks start getting up on mama's back. I'll have to get a shot of that this time around. Right now the chicks are in "pluck mama's eyelids" mode.

And totally off the subject, I just noticed that you homeschool. I do too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom