Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Well, I think I'm done trying to hatch eggs for a while. The one that was half way zipped was gone when I got home, she never made it all the way out of her shell. The other one internally pipped but then quite....heartbreaking
hit.gif
sad.png

Aw! I'm sorry!
hugs.gif
It really is heart-breaking to finally see a chick pip, then die!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
How are you incubating? Are you using the Dry Incubation Method?

Thank you. No but in the spring when I try again I will be using the dry method, I'm sure my humidity was too high.

~ Aspen
caf.gif

I only had 4 hatch out of 16 so I am pretty upset about the rest. I dry incubated and the humidity for the first 18 days ran in the 30's . Then the last 3 days I up it to 65% and I thought all would go great, but I don't think 4 out of 16 is that great. I will try again and hope for better luck.

Well the guineas are done hatching. I have 7 and 3 died. The inner lining dried out again like on the cochin I helped. The one had a tiny space for beak but couldn't do anything else. I never saw it above in airspace so I didn't know it was struggling. By the time I helped it it was taking gasps of air then just quit.
sad.png
I don't understand why the inner lining is drying out I kept humidity up in the 60-65% range. Then I have 2 that are not walking. I will keep watch on them next few days and see what happens. It's like I sit them up and they tip right back to same side. But other 5 seem OK. They sure love to peck each others feet and make the other one peep.

The one is getting around a little better. I think it was weak, it couldn't hold it's head up to walk so it just flopped on it's side. But I've been giving them both electrolytes and keep sitting them upright and now it seems to be able to sit instead of laying, it's still really wobbly and not walking as well as the others yet, but since it's sitting now I have hope for it. The other one looks to me like it's foot doesn't have much movement, so when it sits it's foot/toes just curve in, not spread out like other foot, kinda looks stiff. But it's leg moves so it's just in the foot area.
idunno.gif

But all others are fine I wish I could've saved the other 3. I can't figure out why their drying up with correct humidity. I wonder if I unhook the fan next time at lockdown if that will help??

So I had 12 hatch so far 1 did not make it. I have 3 eggs that went in on the 11th and 2 of them have pips. I have another 9 eggs in that should have hatched by now. I'll keep them in until the other two hatch out then I'll check and see if they are still alive i'm guessing not though. That's ok though 11 possibly 13 chicks makes me happy!

Quote:
Aw! I'm sorry!
hugs.gif
It really is heart-breaking to finally see a chick pip, then die!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
How are you incubating? Are you using the Dry Incubation Method?

Thank you. No but in the spring when I try again I will be using the dry method, I'm sure my humidity was too high.

~ Aspen
caf.gif

I will let you know how my hatch goes. This is my 1st time using this method.

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom