Hatching Time Brooder Questions

Kenncarr

Chirping
Sep 23, 2020
Hey guys! We sell chicks locally and are currently brooding in tubs with thermostat controlled heat lamps. We do this in our unheated garage. We are looking to upgrade to a stackable brooder system. We’ve already decided against GQF as it states on their website they are meant for room temp areas only. I don’t think the heater could keep the chicks warm enough through the winter and early spring. (We are in Utah)

so we are now looking into hatching time brooders. Anyone have one and keep it in an unheated garage? I emailed the company to see how low the ambient temperature could be and still have the heater keep them warm, but have yet to hear back. Anyone know??

Do you have a means to raise the temperature in the garage with a space heater or add a divider in the garage to have a warmer space?
I'm incubating in a cold basement and plan on adding a small gas space heater to the incubator room so the incubators don't have to work so hard.

Hey guys! We sell chicks locally and are currently brooding in tubs with thermostat controlled heat lamps. We do this in our unheated garage. We are looking to upgrade to a stackable brooder system. We’ve already decided against GQF as it states on their website they are meant for room temp areas only. I don’t think the heater could keep the chicks warm enough through the winter and early spring. (We are in Utah)

so we are now looking into hatching time brooders. Anyone have one and keep it in an unheated garage? I emailed the company to see how low the ambient temperature could be and still have the heater keep them warm, but have yet to hear back. Anyone know??
We have the 4 - layer brooder originally in our unheated tack room, but now moved to our unheated garage. IMO, terrible product for the money and we do not recommend it. I wrote a scathing review on their review site and now it seems like they've blocked the reviews.

My first complaint to them was that the brooders were not able to maintain an acceptable ambient temperature. I mean, I just walked out into my garage and the thermometer in the brooder reads 65 degrees. These are one week old chicks in there. Yes, it is about 40 degrees outside overnight here.

I have other complaints and suggestions that I added to my review which seems hidden on their site now. Let me know if you want to know more.

Uh oh! We ended up purchasing it after i got a reply from customer service stating as long as it doesn’t get below zero it should hold temp. We have brooded quail chicks and chickens in it with success so far. We just had our coldest day of the year this week and of course it was the day we were testing for our NPIP certification. We made the mistake of leaving the garage door open while we ran birds back and fourth. The brooder did not keep temp and we lost several quail chicks. I think it will do okay Spring-Early Fall when we do most of our hatching. I do worry about longevity and it being worth the price we paid. I read every single review on their page and it makes me mad they seem to not publish the bad ones...

We have the 4 - layer brooder originally in our unheated tack room, but now moved to our unheated garage. IMO, terrible product for the money and we do not recommend it. I wrote a scathing review on their review site and now it seems like they've blocked the reviews.

My first complaint to them was that the brooders were not able to maintain an acceptable ambient temperature. I mean, I just walked out into my garage and the thermometer in the brooder reads 65 degrees. These are one week old chicks in there. Yes, it is about 40 degrees outside overnight here.

I have other complaints and suggestions that I added to my review which seems hidden on their site now. Let me know if you want to know more.
Had to come back and report an update after 1 year of use. I can’t even begin to explain what a joke of a purchase this was. I’ll try to sum it up. Constant leaking of the water system, would not hold heat well enough, and then a heater went out. I emailed customer service and they placed the blame on my homes outlet. The fuse holder literally melted on the heater…that is not the outlets fault. I discussed what happened with an electrician who told me it was 100% an issue with the cheap heater. Hatching Time only has a one year warranty and we had just barely surpassed that. They wanted me to pay to ship the heater back for repairs. They would not take accountability for their cheap product. I told them I would not be paying for a new one or supporting them in the future. A month later the second heater just completely stopped working. I reached again and still they refused to replace the heaters. I can’t believe the lack of customer service and the lack of accountability for their junk product. I urge you SKIP HATCHING TIME AND PAY FOR THE GQF.

Thanks for the update.
I had considered purchasing but the price delayed my decision and I thought I could make one for close to the same price and I could ensure a quality final product.

Back
Top Bottom