Having trouble rehoming a loved rooster that I dont want butchered.

Cheeky Eggers

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2023
I have a 16 week old Black Copper Marans rooster that I'm very fond of, He is very sweet and is the first to greet me, I give him plenty of pets and treats, We are not allowed to have a rooster in our area, We've been posting in Facebook for weeks and now started posting here with still no takers, I really want him to go to a loving home with his own hens, There is someone I know that would take him but only to be butchered in a few days , And I really dont want him butchered. Is their anyone who might want a rooster for their flock, He would make a great project rooster for pure BCM chicks or if you have blue or green egg layers He can produce Olive Egger chicks! I'm urgently hoping to find someone that would take him where he wont be butchered! If anyone has any tips as well that would be appreciated, Thank you. We are located in Meridian Idaho.
IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5207.jpg
DSC04632.jpg

Thank you! He really is a sweetheart, He has the kindest eyes, Aw how sweet, I really wish I could keep my roo! I thought of finding my states thread, And I think I found one and I posted there, But I think its pretty inactive, I dont know if there is another of my states thread that is more active that I could post on as well. I really am praying he can be rehomed in a loving home with his own flock, I'm getting pretty discouraged, My other family members are considering taking him to a person that wants him butchered in a few days, Thats why I'm frantically posting everywhere, Looking for a home for him! Thank you for the help for responding to my thread.

Thank you! He really is a sweetheart, He has the kindest eyes, Aw how sweet, I really wish I could keep my roo! I thought of finding my states thread, And I think I found one and I posted there, But I think its pretty inactive, I dont know if there is another of my states thread that is more active that I could post on as well. I really am praying he can be rehomed in a loving home with his own flock, I'm getting pretty discouraged, My other family members are considering taking him to a person that wants him butchered in a few days, Thats why I'm frantically posting everywhere, Looking for a home for him! Thank you for the help for responding to my thread.
What state are you in?

What state are you in?
She said Idaho ☝️

Have you tried Craigslist, or, looking at FB for some of the roo rehoming pages?

I would send you the links on FB if I had them.... but I am sorry - I don’t. Hopefully someone else will pop in!
I was told it is called roo rehome
But I’m not sure if “that” page is area specific.

Perhaps also post a flier at your local feed store?

The greater Boise area is too big to give up!
You’ve got this....esp if your neighbors are at least somewhat understanding and you still have a little time to work with!

Put him on line on the neighborhood/community sites, and post pictures and large notes at the local feed stores. Surely somebody would want such a fine bird from such a fine breed of Xtra dark brown egg layers. If I was close I would take him with out delay and then find me a few hens for him. Best wishes for you both. Don't give up too fast!

Put him on line on the neighborhood/community sites, and post pictures and large notes at the local feed stores. Surely somebody would want such a fine bird from such a fine breed of Xtra dark brown egg layers. If I was close I would take him with out delay and then find me a few hens for him. Best wishes for you both. Don't give up too fast!
Good thought- next door might be an option if you are a member.

Facebook marketplace here flags livestock sale ads IMMEDIATELY- but I have seen some rooster re home ads stay up for a day or so recently
So
What do you have to lose?
Your photos are excellent.
Type up some text and copy/ paste it everywhere!

She said Idaho ☝️

Have you tried Craigslist, or, looking at FB for some of the roo rehoming pages?

I would send you the links on FB if I had them.... but I am sorry - I don’t. Hopefully someone else will pop in!
I was told it is called roo rehome
But I’m not sure if “that” page is area specific.

Perhaps also post a flier at your local feed store?

The greater Boise area is too big to give up!
You’ve got this....esp if your neighbors are at least somewhat understanding and you still have a little time to work with!
We just added him on to Craigslist as well, We first started with Facebook, I found some Idaho Chicken Groups and posted there for a few weeks and no takers, They were not specific Rooster Rehoming pages though. I'm hoping I can get him a loving home quickly, My other family members, Want to give him to the person that wants him butchered on Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom