Having trouble rehoming a loved rooster that I dont want butchered.

Put him on line on the neighborhood/community sites, and post pictures and large notes at the local feed stores. Surely somebody would want such a fine bird from such a fine breed of Xtra dark brown egg layers. If I was close I would take him with out delay and then find me a few hens for him. Best wishes for you both. Don't give up too fast!
He really is a handsome rooster, He is growing out well, And the local breeder I got him from, Comes from really dark egg lines, They sometimes get eggs that are 8 or higher in the Marans Egg Color Chart. I really thought it would be more easier to rehome him, As he is a more sought after breed in my area and he has a good nature to him too.

We just added him on to Craigslist as well, We first started with Facebook, I found some Idaho Chicken Groups and posted there for a few weeks and no takers, They were not specific Rooster Rehoming pages though. I'm hoping I can get him a loving home quickly, My other family members, Want to give him to the person that wants him butchered on Sunday!
Does CL “Boise” also cover Ontario?

May be worth a separate ad to get a wider area? (Yes, I know “surrounding areas” show up but....trying to get him at the top of the page)

Does CL “Boise” also cover Ontario?

May be worth a separate ad to get a wider area? (Yes, I know “surrounding areas” show up but....trying to get him at the top of the page)
That is something I can check out, I could post him on a wider area too, I'm willing to drive out for someone that wants to take him if necessary.

He really is a handsome rooster, He is growing out well, And the local breeder I got him from, Comes from really dark egg lines, They sometimes get eggs that are 8 or higher in the Marans Egg Color Chart. I really thought it would be more easier to rehome him, As he is a more sought after breed in my area and he has a good nature to him
That is something I can check out, I could post him on a wider area too, I'm willing to drive out for someone that wants to take him if necessary.
Ontario isn’t far. You should have coverage in Coeur d'Alene from Boise.

Sorry there aren’t more “large” areas out there but. Don’t give up 😊

Ontario isn’t far. You should have coverage in Coeur d'Alene from Boise.

Sorry there aren’t more “large” areas out there but. Don’t give up 😊
Thank you so much for the help! I'm really hoping against hope, That someone will be interested in him and take him, If I cant find a home for him, We will have to take him to the person who wants him butchered on Sunday and I really dont want that to happen. :(

Thank you so much for the help! I'm really hoping against hope, That someone will be interested in him and take him, If I cant find a home for him, We will have to take him to the person who wants him butchered on Sunday and I really dont want that to happen. :(
Hopefully you won’t have to do that.
I am confident that your determination will pay off.

It is, however, sometimes an unavoidable part of raising livestock animals.
Processing days here are not my favorite for sure. But. We raise our critters for food and for selling.... and we have to keep the cycle rolling.

(Still brainstorming)
....maybe.......
Look on FB (local neighborhood groups near you)/ FB marketplace/ next door/ CL and look for people selling eggs- esp brown eggs, and contact them?

He really is a handsome rooster, He is growing out well, And the local breeder I got him from, Comes from really dark egg lines, They sometimes get eggs that are 8 or higher in the Marans Egg Color Chart. I really thought it would be more easier to rehome him, As he is a more sought after breed in my area and he has a good nature to him too.
I have been considering some of that breed myself to join my other dark egg layers(Welsummers)! Best wishes again for your successful rehoming.

lay such dark eggs compared to others and people tend to love that! I wish you success. A hard to find breed locally from good breeders here in my area.

I have a 16 week old Black Copper Marans rooster that I'm very fond of, He is very sweet and is the first to greet me, I give him plenty of pets and treats, We are not allowed to have a rooster in our area, We've been posting in Facebook for weeks and now started posting here with still no takers, I really want him to go to a loving home with his own hens, There is someone I know that would take him but only to be butchered in a few days , And I really dont want him butchered. Is their anyone who might want a rooster for their flock, He would make a great project rooster for pure BCM chicks or if you have blue or green egg layers He can produce Olive Egger chicks! I'm urgently hoping to find someone that would take him where he wont be butchered! If anyone has any tips as well that would be appreciated, Thank you. We are located in Meridian Idaho. View attachment 3599460View attachment 3599461View attachment 3599462
You can put a listing on craigslist as free rooster

Back
Top Bottom