Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hi all I am new to OEGB, I have always admired them. When I ordered my bantam special from Ideal I knew I would get tons of them with the large variety of colors they have. Now being new to them I am sure I could have some dutch in there too, how do I tell the difference at 4 weeks of age.??

Hi all I am new to OEGB, I have always admired them. When I ordered my bantam special from Ideal I knew I would get tons of them with the large variety of colors they have. Now being new to them I am sure I could have some dutch in there too, how do I tell the difference at 4 weeks of age.??
i ordered the bantam special too! there are tons of different breeds in my mix!!! not sure how many are OEGBs i know i have a golden sebright for sure i have some with a pea comb? lots of lil chipmunks! even a blonde one! havent been able to track down which breed is which yet! i too would like to know how to tell the breeds apart!

I dont know at 4 weeks, you may have to wait till they get a little older. But the biggest difference between the two breeds is that the Dutch have white ear lobes.

I dont know at 4 weeks, you may have to wait till they get a little older. But the biggest difference between the two breeds is that the Dutch have white ear lobes.

Thank you, I will keep a look out for the ear lobe color.
i ordered the bantam special too! there are tons of different breeds in my mix!!! not sure how many are OEGBs i know i have a golden sebright for sure i have some with a pea comb? lots of lil chipmunks! even a blonde one! havent been able to track down which breed is which yet! i too would like to know how to tell the breeds apart!
I got other breeds too. I am pretty good at determing the breeds. With the OEGB that Ideal carries there are so many different colors, which is exciting, I just want to know which one is which. If you post some pics I can help with the breeds. Golden sebright has a rose comb. Pea combs can be americauna, brahma, etc.Its so fun to track down the breeds.

Thank you, I will keep a look out for the ear lobe color.
I got other breeds too. I am pretty good at determing the breeds. With the OEGB that Ideal carries there are so many different colors, which is exciting, I just want to know which one is which. If you post some pics I can help with the breeds. Golden sebright has a rose comb. Pea combs can be americauna, brahma, etc.Its so fun to track down the breeds.
i took a ton of pics when they came in but i now cant find my phone! or my usb cord! .... i think i will have to wait till they grow out or i find a new cable...

is it a DQ if they are dubbed like their larger counterparts? flat to the head?
OEGB males should not be dubbed "flat to the head", neither should their large fowl counterparts. Modern Games are dubbed close but Old English are dubbed somewhat higher. That said, it is neither a D/Q or a defect to dub an Old English too close. The difference in dubbing level is a matter of custom & is not stipulated in the Standard.

Oh no that is terrible. How about taking new pics? Just assuming you got a new phone?
my cable is fried not my phone!
OEGB males should not be dubbed "flat to the head", neither should their large fowl counterparts. Modern Games are dubbed close but Old English are dubbed somewhat higher. That said, it is neither a D/Q or a defect to dub an Old English too close. The difference in dubbing level is a matter of custom & is not stipulated in the Standard.
ok custom i understand... all the games i have been around have been dubbed "flat top" if i can find some pics of my gramp's birds i will post them....

Back
Top Bottom