Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
MAllen.... Thanks sooo much for the pics. I have something to compare to and look at. I really app. the time you took to post them. Thanks again, Gena

I got this blue red maker pair instead of the blue spangles i was searching for but i still love the rich mahogany color on the spangles. Hopefully i will find some good show quality spangles in the near future to complete my flock. Here are pics of my blue red maker;

34472_jp1_011.jpg

34472_jp1_009.jpg

16448_oesplash1209.jpg

"splash" oeg cockerel
16448_oegbuffspl0909.jpg

"splash" and "buff" when they were chicks.
16448_oebuff1209b.jpg

"buff" as young cockerel
16448_oebar102209.jpg

"barred" pullet

Love that crele color- congrats on the awards!
Tammie

I got three new OEGBs at the PPBA show in Stockton! They're so pretty and little, I love them!

This is Whisper, my splash hen:

FinalSales130.jpg

She's TINY, and so friendly and sweet! I love her.
smile.png

FinalSales152.jpg

Blue red pullet! She doesn't have a name yet, if anyone can think of a good one I'd be grateful. She's also very friendly and easy to handle.

FinalSales168.jpg

And brown red pullet! Also needs a name. She's pretty flighty, but also very striking to look at! Hopefully with some more handling she'll calm down.

Here's my spangled cockerel with the two above pullets, who are his roommates. I know he's not show-type, but I think he's very handsome! His name is Piper. He just started crowing the other day--so cute!

FinalSales171.jpg

Last edited:
Also, while I'm in this thread, does anyone have any crele hatching eggs I could buy? I would like around six to eight so I could hopefully end up with at least a hen or two for my flock. I can pay for them or trade for serama hatching eggs.
smile.png
Feel free to send me a PM if you have any available or will soon!

Quote:
I don't like his type, He doesn't look like his body fits together right. The problems with his coloring is on his secondaries he should have red, he has solid barring and his color fades in his hackle feathers as they go down. Also his dubbing is wrong, it is supposed to have about 1/2 an inch still sticking up like the like the OE in my avatar, only Moderns are supposed to be flat. He is very pretty though! He is not a hatchery bird and could do ok in a show, but he is not a winner.

I always wondered about the dubbing. I had noticed that there was always some left on the show birds. I got him just as a pet. I wanted something nice to look at that was better than hatchery quality. I still feel good about the decision to get him and the hens he came with.
big_smile.png
Thanks. Gena

Back
Top Bottom