Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
I posted my pics in the breed/gender forum, and the only response I've gotten was brown red for #1, brassy back for #2, lemon blue for #3, and wheaton for #4. I agree with #1-3, that's what I thought as well. However, #4 is the same color all over his body except for his wing tips and his tail. He has what appears to be lacing on his breasts a little, kind of black edging on some of the higher feathers.
Anyone have a second opinion on #4?

Mine started about mid March and are doing great. I thought they were slowing down because of the heat. But then I found a couple of hidden nest. Those little buggers.
smile.png

Quote:
you do realize you have 2 roosters and 1 hen right?

If that's the case...please tell one of my rooster to stop laying eggs....
gig.gif
I am new to the OEGB, but I know that two of the hens are laying...or one is putting out two eggs a day.

Quote:
you do realize you have 2 roosters and 1 hen right?

If that's the case...please tell one of my rooster to stop laying eggs....
gig.gif
I am new to the OEGB, but I know that two of the hens are laying...or one is putting out two eggs a day.

IDK but that really looks like a cockeral, and if it is a hen it doesn't look old enough to be laying

Hey everyone sorry to hijack the thread but I thought I would post this here with all you OEGB owners! I am wanting to Trade my silkie eggs for some OEGB eggs. I have silver duckwing OEGB, but am wanting another color to add to them!

Thanks! If interested PM me! My silkie hens are bbs over a white roo. I also have a buff hen in there also, but if you just want bbs eggs i can take the buff eggs out.

I have two OEGBs. One little hen named Tyke and a roo named Shortstop. we have been told on this site that tyke is porcelan colored, but we think she is mottled. Shortstop is buff and currently playing "baby chick" to our two production reds. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

This is porcelain. This roo has a little too much yellow in his hackles, and somewhat the wrong leg color but other that pretty much correct color wise. Too big for my taste though...
panchovilla.JPG

This is mottled...and a dang nice bird...
5813.jpg

This is Mille Fleur, which was part of the 'recipe' for making the porcelains....the red on this bird is a little dark, but I just really like the bird, lol....
415.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom