Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
He is very excited! He said "that is soo cool" and also "thank you, thank you, thank you". Now he is so excited for the show he actually is okay with school starting so that october comes sooner! Ha ha!

Quote:
He is very excited! He said "that is soo cool" and also "thank you, thank you, thank you". Now he is so excited for the show he actually is okay with school starting so that october comes sooner! Ha ha!

That is good to hear, I will make contact with a few gentlemen I know that should be attending, and make arrangments witht them to deliver the birds to your son.

Quote:
its ok we all make mistakes...but we learn and move on...
smile.png

Quote:
No Bowing Please...
wink.png

Quote:
Correct.....

Quote:
Correct...

Quote:
that is correct for most autosomal patter genes but Barring is a Sex Linked gene, if the father lacks one or 2 copies of it he will produce none barred hens(50% barred if he is Heterozygous for Barring)

I apreaciate your experience and dedication and can only wish to have breed as many birds as you have, my knowledge comes mostly from theory reading and some come from my limited experience at breeding...

thanks
Marvin

Sound like we may get a break in this heat by the middle of the week!I need it bad.I have a few cockerels that need trimmed before they get a thumb print.Hopefully I can get them next weekend.I am just very ready for fall and show season.

I have a question for everyone-my little roo around 4 months old has become mean, he fluffs his feathers:barnie:barnie:barnie & sidles up to me & pecks me. Can a chicken be disciplined (& the best way) & taught to be nice?
barnie.gif

Quote:
We are getting a nice break this morning at least although it will heat back up this afternoon. Nice slow showers and cloud cover is keeping the temps down for now.

Quote:
if you dont show him at this early age who is boss, you will have one mean boy and they can get very nasty quick.. I have one attack a kid in the morning... I bet he provided a good meal at dinner for the offended parents....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom