Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
it is easy to breed leg color in or out, but the Blue golden color doesn't breed true anyway so the odds of getting a good blue golden are low using him as a breeder.
golden Duckwing is the result of a cross of Silver Duckwing and BB red, the cockrells all get 1 copy of silver and 1 copy of gold, Blue golden is often breed by using a splash of the Blue red and a Silver Duckwing, that will result in all Blue Golden Duckwing.

Quote:
He is a Blue Golden Duckwing, he is not a Birchen based bird since he has a Wing Bay present,

His wing triangle color is tricky.... First time I see one so melanized...but the later pics helps alot...

Blue goldens are a real train wreck in breed pens, and the second and third generations birds are such a crap shoot as to what you get, some with red hackles and silver wing bay and bow and vice versa they are beautiful birds just not one a person can reliably breed from, adding Blue to the mix makes it even worse. I like to know what s going to hatch or at least have an educated guess when making a cross.
You start seeing wing bay like that after a golden is used in the breed pen ussually back over silver hens, the Golden alone is a tricky beast as it can produce the "golden" color on some of the male feathers while producing red, or silver in other areas often mixed they are very odd once an attempt to breed past the first generation exists. of course that is also where you start to see hens with a silver hackle and a light brown partridge pattern to thier bodies.

Last edited:
These are a few of our 2011 BB Red cockerels.Still a way's to go but they are getting there.They have much better wing carriage than it shows.They were strutting for the little black trouble maker in the background.
62782_new_ks_026_600x450.jpg
62782_new_ks_023_600x450.jpg
62782_new_ks_020_600x450.jpg
62782_new_ks_017_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
They are looking very good Southern, isn't it a chore trying a picture of teh bird at just the right moment when they are standing right wings held high and tight while relaxed but holding good posture,

Hey guys! I'm new to OEGBs and was wondering if any of you guys are in the East Texas area?

I need someone to "adopt" me and show me the ropes.
lau.gif

I really need a good introduction or tutorial about the breed. lol

Quote:
If all else fails there will be several nice birds available at the Texas All Game Bantam show in Oct. There will be several good shows between now and march in the immediately surrounding area. Including the OE nationals in Shawnee Ok, in Dec. There will be many good birds from good lines available there, I would suggest if you intend to buy a good there though that you come in friday evening as the best ones go quickly friday starting at coop in.

Back
Top Bottom