Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I think it varies a little on variety, line, and conditions.. For us the Black, Brassy Back, Brown Red and birchen ar eright 6 months, white and Blue wheaton are 8-9 month birds.

Quote:
I dont know about that, here in Nicaragua game fowl take for ever to mature, cocks that enter the Ring need to be at least 1 year old if not they will get kill rather quick... hens are selected for good mothers not for laying traits

We have both,OEGB and American Game fowl.The Americans do take alot longer to mature than the OEGB.The two breeds do resemble each other but that is about it.In my experience breeding and raising both breeds there is very little that they have in common as far as maturing,broodiness,or attitude.

Quote:
I believe both OEGB and American Gam share lots of genetic background what makes them and Nicaraguan game fowl mature at different rate is that CockFighting was outlawed long long ago in England but, in America was outlawed just recently and in Nicaragua it is still a popular sport...

Finally. A week of 80 degree weather. Feels so nice.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Must be nice,
I am just satisfied, the next two days we are washing birds, transporting birds, monitoring and guarding them for two days, then transport, wash, watch, quarantine return to pens and do it all again 3 weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom