Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
My whites are posted on our website, click a pickture and it will take you to the white photo gallery. As for Brown Red I do not currently have photos up and it may be a while I am waiting on good green grass for photo shoot.

Thank you! I had looked our your site and did not see them--I will look again!
barnie.gif

Click on Bantams on the top menu, then Old English, then choose the variety and click on any picture it will take you to additional pictures.

Quote:
Thank you! I had looked our your site and did not see them--I will look again!
barnie.gif

Click on Bantams on the top menu, then Old English, then choose the variety and click on any picture it will take you to additional pictures.

You have some really nice birds!! I love all colors you have pictured but I think my favorite is the little bbred rooster!!
ep.gif
bow.gif

Last edited:
My 4 month old quail OEGB pair:

53351_sdc10907.jpg

53351_sdc10904.jpg

53351_sdc10909.jpg

53351_sdc10910.jpg

I don't plan to show them, but I would like to use them for breeding. How do they look, quality wise, to all you OEGB experts? What should I look for if I raise any chicks in the future to help improve on the quality of future generations?

Quote:
Thanks! I've seen pictures of quail roosters/cockerels with a lot more black in their hackle feathers, so I'm not sure if that's preferred over more gold. I think they're very nice as well. I think quail may be my favorite pattern in OEGBs. I'd like to get some blue quail to work with, too.

Gee... I don't know which color pattern I like the best. There are so many pretty ones. I know I love these little OEGB's that I have....trio of BBreds, pair of blue-red pullets and a pair of Ginger-red pullets. (I think I have them correctly identified now, thanks to this forum!)

It looks like I may be in the market for a ginger-red cockerell.
smile.png

If I put my BBRed cockerell with my BBRed pullets, I should get 100% BBRed, right?

What will I get if I put him with my two Blue-Red pullets?
idunno.gif

Also, is there a way to train them to take their proud, upright posture? Mine seem to be always looking down, like they are looking for treats or something on the ground.
hmm.png

Quote:
I like your little guy! What color is he: black tailed buff? He looks a lot like my quail rooster, but he doesn't seem to have any patterning.

I've been thinking of getting some fawn silver duckwings next year, as well as some blue quail. Anybody have any experience with either? I don't know anyone who breeds either of those colors locally (not that I know many local breeders TBH
hmm.png
), so I may end up going the hatchery route. The quail pair I have now came from Ideal, and I think they look nice so far. I do wish my rooster had more black in his hackle feathers though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom