Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
There isnt any reason they cant, many ppl cross bb with crele to improve type and feather width. Running a crele cock over BB hens gives you pure crele pullets and an intermediate cockerels, which are real.dark, but good.for.breeding and keeping the dark and.rich pattern.

Hummm....

Yes?

Quote:
Hummm....

Yes?

I was just thinking of how I would like to get some crele but have been told it is hard to maintain their color--and I have bbreds. Just something for future reference. Right now I would like to figure out what I have with my bbreds and where I need to go with them. I do love my bbreds!

Here is a question not related to creles or bbreds. Can feathers on legs occur in oegb with out introduction?

All a crele is is a bb red that has had barring introduced. And if you.are talking about just little leg fuzzies on chicks, its nothing to worry.about,.as long as they go away as.they mature. It would be something to breed away.from, but not.a.big.deal.

Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png

The leg fuzz question reminded me of something else. This has nothing to do with any birds I have; it's just a random wonder I had.
tongue.png
There is a picture of a white muffed bird in the variety section on the OEGB club website. Are muffed OEGBs uncommon? I've never seen any outside of that pic on the club site. Are muffed birds showable?

Quote:
Yes?

I was just thinking of how I would like to get some crele but have been told it is hard to maintain their color--

Quote:
Barring can have a Fading effect on pheomelanin.... BUT since Black Breasted Red are just wildtype Gold duckwing with red enhancers that cancels the barring fading effect...
tongue.png

Quote:
I was just thinking of how I would like to get some crele but have been told it is hard to maintain their color--

Quote:
Barring can have a Fading effect on pheomelanin.... BUT since Black Breasted Red are just wildtype Gold duckwing with red enhancers that cancels the barring fading effect...
tongue.png

Thanks for the input nica.

Back
Top Bottom