Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Barring can have a Fading effect on pheomelanin.... BUT since Black Breasted Red are just wildtype Gold duckwing with red enhancers that cancels the barring fading effect...
tongue.png

Thanks for the input nica.

Has all of this ever been written down somewhere? It would be really interesting to study/read about some of this....

Last edited:
Quote:
They are fairly rare and they are showable.

I think muffs are cute but I'm not into breeding enough to figure out how to get muffs without getting everything else I don't want, like feathered feet and rose combs. Is there any easy way to get muffs?

Quote:
They are fairly rare and they are showable.

I think muffs are cute but I'm not into breeding enough to figure out how to get muffs without getting everything else I don't want, like feathered feet and rose combs. Is there any easy way to get muffs?

you could always buy another variety of Muffed OE and cross in and select for muffs in the F2 generation, otherwise not a simple project... Just getting to OE type can be a struggle when outcrossing to something, and if you include feathered legs in the mix you will fight that too since it is a dominant trait. D'anver may be an option, but tail carriage and loose feather would be problem.

My OEGB Crele finally got his pretty tail feathers to grow out and I think he is gorgeous! Though I notice alot of the ones I see on here the yellow looks a little more reddish... His look lemony... I dunno (I have NO genetic/colour experience) I just adore pretty chickens
smile.png

Here he is anyway:
281268_10150245274406478_501426477_8047623_4101155_n.jpg

303624_10150281228776478_501426477_8412305_1555746_n.jpg

And finally... TADA!!! Tail feathers!
297113_10150344080521478_501426477_8763872_524758813_n.jpg

Quote:
Not a bad looking bird, given his light hackle color you would be best served placing him over Bb red hens, save the pullets and place them back under him, that will darken the hackles.

Wow folks! The crele are just beautiful!

I came home from the show in Sedalia, MO with a very nice trio of silver duckwing OE. I think they are gorgeous! I was happy to learn later the day I bought them that the man who sold them to me got best of show on one of his other SDOE!

So now I'm going to try to work with the BBReds and the SDOE.

Hopefully I can get pics posted later.

Back
Top Bottom