Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

They're the seamless ones. Really oily. There's no way that caused it. Its just me rambling. I'll washed the legs twice today and I'll do them again in the morning.

Updated pics of my quail pair. Do they look anywhere close to the standard? What needs to be improved? The hen doesn't actually have little white specs on her head; that's just the camera on my cell phone being weird.

53351_110311165453.jpg

53351_110311165136.jpg

53351_110311170721.jpg

53351_110311170803.jpg

53351_110311170730.jpg

Quote:
I thought Quill should look like this
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/friesian_roodpel.jpg

I believe quill to be e+ Pg Db?

I recently got my hand on what I believe is a Laced silver duckwing game hen.

LacedOEGHen1.jpg

LacedOEGHen4.jpg

LacedOEGHen3.jpg

I wonder that if I cross her to a E^R Db roo I could end up with something close to below birds(I have not seen this phenotype on OEGs or Game birds yet)
brakel2.jpg

I really like a good quill pattern, but good ones in oegb are virtually nonexistent. There is a local breeder here that is working on red quill oegb, and doing pretty good. Love the pattern on those last birds posted, but I really like the lemon pencilled fresians

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the input! I was wondering about the black. I'd noticed that in the pics of quail birds on the OEGB club site, the roosters tended to have much more black in the hackles than mine. Is it possible that any cockerels I hatch from them could have more black, or is it more likely that they'll all inherit my cockerel's lighter hackle and saddle color?

@nicalandia, the names are very similar, but mine are quail, not quill.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom