Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
Thanks for the input! I was wondering about the black. I'd noticed that in the pics of quail birds on the OEGB club site, the roosters tended to have much more black in the hackles than mine. Is it possible that any cockerels I hatch from them could have more black, or is it more likely that they'll all inherit my cockerel's lighter hackle and saddle color?

@nicalandia, the names are very similar, but mine are quail, not quill.
smile.png

Well, not knowing the history on them is hard to say, but u will likely get some darker, seeing as how the pullet has striping in her hackles, u should get some darker hackles in their offspring.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is a gorgeous color, ideal offers something like it but no idea on their quality. Is that silver on those birds? So attractive til it sun yellows.

yes Silver.. so Ideal offers something similar but on OEGs?

Ya, they offer it in oegbs.

Quote:
yes Silver.. so Ideal offers something similar but on OEGs?

let me check...
tongue.png

ok they seem to have "Silver Campine Pattern Old English Bantam" but so far I can't see "Real" pics of them on the net..
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:

let me check...
tongue.png

ok they seem to have "Silver Campine Pattern Old English Bantam" but so far I can't see "Real" pics of them on the net..
hmm.png

I was thinking about ordering them, but I too would love to see some pictures...
sad.png

Quote:
let me check...
tongue.png

hmm.png

I was thinking about ordering them, but I too would love to see some pictures...
sad.png

seem they are out for 2011, why can't they post pics of their "Real" birds? that way people know how good is their breeding stock, but they go and put drawins?

Quote:
sad.png

seem they are out for 2011, why can't they post pics of their "Real" birds? that way people know how good is their breeding stock, but they go and put drawins?

Yep. That is the main reason I have never tried any of their oegb.

If it helps you guys, the quail pair I posted is from Ideal. However, these are the only OEGBs that I've ever ordered from them, so I have no idea if this is usual for Ideal or how the quality is in their other OEGB varieties. I do wish they would post actual pictures of their own stock. They have such a large variety of OEGBs listed, and it would be great to get an idea of what their actual breeders look like. Even without real photos, though, I'm tempted to try some more varieties from them in the future. I'd really like to get some blue quail to go with the ones I have, but there are so many varieties that I like!

@gotgame, because I did get them from Ideal, I have no idea what kind of genetic background they have either. I'll find out when I hatch some eggs, I guess. Maybe I'll get some darker hackles and saddles.
fl.gif
I just got them for my own enjoyment and don't have any plans to show at the moment, but I would like to try and breed towards the standard.

@nicalandia, that "Sold Out Until 2012" notice can be misleading. When I was wanting to order some brabanters back in May, their site said the same thing, so I signed up to be notified when the breed I wanted became available. The very next day someone from Ideal called me and said they would have the birds I wanted hatching in the next couple of weeks and asked if I was still interested, so if there's something you're really interested in, you could always try the "Notify Me" choice on their site. You might luck out.

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought Quill should look like this
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/friesian_roodpel.jpg

I believe quill to be e+ Pg Db?

I recently got my hand on what I believe is a Laced silver duckwing game hen.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/LacedOEGHen1.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/LacedOEGHen4.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/LacedOEGHen3.jpg

I wonder that if I cross her to a E^R Db roo I could end up with something close to below birds(I have not seen this phenotype on OEGs or Game birds yet)
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/brakel2.jpg

Wow, what are the last two birds? They are beautiful!
ep.gif

I have ordered a lot of OEGB from Ideal when I first got interested in the breed. Quality over all is pretty far removed from show quaility, but my biggest complaint was size. Every single Ideal bred OEGB I raised was huge! Then again, most OEGB I come across for sale locally are rather large too. I culled them all recently because they were a huge undertaking. I could see maybe getting some of a rarer color from them as a project if you have some GOOD quality stock to cross them to, but in all honestly for more common colors I would just go to a good breeder who is breeding towards the SOP.

Back
Top Bottom