Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

does anyone know anything about the ( PUMPKIN OEGB) ? ive seen lots of pics on the web but not alot of people have them for sale. they are a unrecognized color as of right now.

Last edited:
does anyone know anything about the ( PUMPKIN OEGB) ? ive seen lots of pics on the web but not alot of people have them for sale. they are a unrecognized color as of right now.

They are an unrecognized variety as of now, and are very interesting color mix. I do know of a geneticist who is working with them however I am not aware of anyone who actively raises and shows the variety at this time. To teh best of my knowledge they are very much a work in progress and not much is known about what is needed to stabilize the color.

I know this belongs to another section but since this is a breed specific page thread I have to ask.

Is the sexing of OEGB Wild type colored chicks (chipmunks) accurate? Like i heard/read you can sex them based on this in certain breeds. I have an OEGB cross but over all it looks VERY OEGB minus the wrong comb type (hen was an OEGB, hatched out of a white OEGB egg too roo must have been something w/ pea comb )

But I wanted to know if what I read about the pullets being the darker ones with the full lines thru their eyes and the males lighter with partial/faded line?

A few days ago. Now it has tail feathers that are black and long wing feathers. Shoulder feathers are starting down its back. AGAIN I'm sorry to post this here but I figured owners of this breed would be able to tell me more.

My chick is very protective of me and attacks my hen and her chicks and the bird itself is really small (half the other chicks if not less) but is fearless.

Thanks :D yeah i found conflicting info though (i looked it up after that). And All over the internets it said the opposite… GAH. I should just be patient but really want to know…. so i can settle on a name and a pronoun. XD

The birds crazy though, it launched itself right at an adult hen's face ._.

She had been biting me because i had to move her chicks. Guess it doesn't like the hen picking on me...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom