Hello from Alberta!

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. It is so neat to see members from literally all over the globe! Still a few weeks before it's chick day, however my work geese have been filling the void. They're attempting a new nest site, so we'll see how it goes!

Well big excitement here today....the workplace goose laid egg #2 in the new nest she constructed (egg 1 on Tuesday or late Monday). On the home-front, the pair of Mallards who were in my pond last year arrived tonight
smile.png

UPDATE!! I'm officially a chick momma!

Tomorrow (Saturday) was supposed to be pick-up for the day olds, but they hatched on Wednesday and got a phone call at work yesterday that they were ready to be picked up!

They all have little unique personalities already.

Not sure of the sex on the PRs...I had a look at the chicks at the pickup location and it was hard to tell if any hard darker legs than the others...I guess we'll find out in a few weeks what I have :)

UPDATE!! I'm officially a chick momma!

Tomorrow (Saturday) was supposed to be pick-up for the day olds, but they hatched on Wednesday and got a phone call at work yesterday that they were ready to be picked up!

They all have little unique personalities already.

Not sure of the sex on the PRs...I had a look at the chicks at the pickup location and it was hard to tell if any hard darker legs than the others...I guess we'll find out in a few weeks what I have :)

Congratulations!!
wee.gif

Adorable babies, and here's a belated welcome to BYC.
Thank-you!!

I just saw your Go Habs Go under your avatar
celebrate.gif

Is there any reason why the RIRs seem to be having some mild pasty butt but the PRs aren't? They're eating and drinking the same amount, and I actually see the RIRs drinking more than the PRs.

Thank-you!!

I just saw your Go Habs Go under your avatar
celebrate.gif

Is there any reason why the RIRs seem to be having some mild pasty butt but the PRs aren't? They're eating and drinking the same amount, and I actually see the RIRs drinking more than the PRs.
Are you a Canadiens fan too??
clap.gif

Don't know on that question, sorry.

Last edited:
Are you a Canadiens fan too??
clap.gif

Don't know on that question, sorry.
Yes...a Canadiens fan in Alberta :) Although I must admit I am coming down with Orange Crush fever!

I don't have domestic ducks...but had a pair of mallards in my pond last year and this year there have been between 5 and 7 visiting it (mostly males).

Our workplace Canada geese (they've nested outside our window for 3+ years) should hatch around May 8th (at least 6 eggs in the nest) so lots of birds and hatchlings in my life right now :)

Back
Top Bottom