Hello from South Carolina!

Ya its really pity of chicks in this humid sunny climate , the moisture will be certainly high due to which the chicks body looses up the water in order to cool themselves, that may result in the dehydration of the body and their simultaneous death.
====================
shinyallard
South Carolina Drug Addiction

I just moved to Charleston (james island) and was wondering if chickens were legal and if so how many?
Can anyone point me toward a city or county ordinance? Thanks so much for your help please e-mail any information
to [email protected]

-Ric

Ric,
I just bought some chickens from a lady on Wadmalaw Island there next to you. She had about 30 along with several goats and show dogs.
There is a listing on ordinances on the forum and it is helpful to find your county and look them up.
Good luck and enjoy James Island. It would be so nice to be able to spend lots of time there!
Charleston is one of my most favorite places in the US.

Hello South Carolinians! Summerville here. I'm still waiting for my first egg! I'm beginning to think I have 3 Roos. :eek:

Is anyone planning on going to the Coastal Carolina Fair this year?

HpyNDxie,
I know it can be so hard to wait on your first egg. I have about 67 chicks that are 16 wks old and I can't wait till they start laying.
fl.gif

Meantime, I have 9 Araucanas and a few Cochins laying. And I have a mix breed hen that also lays a pretty blue egg. I guess she is trying to keep up with the Araucanas.
lau.gif

We just hatched out a few more Araucanas. We hope they will be pullets!
jumpy.gif

Not planning on going to the Fair down there but did just go to the Upperstate fair here and in a few weeks will be at the GA National Fair but that will be for a Guinea pig show. I'm sure we will look at the poultry while there, though. Can't seem to help ourselves!
th.gif

I have been waiting for cooler weather to buy my chicks. It is finally here, but none of the feed stores in my area are getting any chicks this fall. I have checked Larrimores and Georgetown Hardware in Georgetown and Conway feed store, but they will not have any until Spring. The closest I can find is Gurganus Milling in Whiteville, NC... a 2 hour drive from me. Is there anything closer?

Where do you Charleston folks get chicks?

Hi Hiptster. This time of year I would order them online. I don't think anyone around here has any. Ideal Poultry looks like a good place to order from. The feed store where I got mine this summer got them from Ideal. Also, there is someone on craigslist that is selling laying hens and roosters in Dorchester SC. Good Luck!
smile.png

Amy

Back
Top Bottom