Help ! 6 Week Old Lavender Orpington Cockerel or Pullet??

Pics
I had an LO hen that I pretty much waited for an egg. I swore she was a he, up until I found that first egg. Lol

I voted male here early on, then I leaned female, now I’m back to leaning male. :lol:

I think their genetics plays a big part, but I also think flock dynamics affect how fast they develop sometimes. If there are other roosters, some younger roosters develop slower. If none or few roosters, some will develop faster to become dominant sooner. :confused:

Hey all!

This is my first post on this forum and I’m excited to be a part of the community!

I just bought a Lavender Orpington chick from IFA 6 weeks ago. The hatchery says that there is a 95% chance of it being a pullet. I’ve tried doing my own research but it seems so hard to tell. I’m concerned because its crown is more developed than another Buff Orpington I’ve raised before when it was the same age. I’ll post more updated pictures at 8 weeks but I want to hear your opinions.

Is she (I hope it’s a she haha) a pullet or a cockerel? I’d like to know soon so I can decide if I need to get another lavender chick to replace it (roosters aren’t allowed in my area and I want to replace this chicken before the others grow too big that I can’t introduce another chick—don’t worry, I have some younger week old chicks)

Thank you all so much for your help! Looking forward to getting more involved and learning more. I tried to get pictures from all angles. The pictures are attached below:
Hi! If you can see my old similar thread my 100% cockerel turned out to be a pullet — her features grew fast then stopped! There’s always hope 😏

God, I hate Lavender Orpingtons. 😫 😂

@Overo Mare - What do you think? I want to say it's a pullet going through that awkward tom-boy phase, but I'd be 100% sure it was a cockerel if it was at my house.
I have 4 LO which are now 19 weeks old. I watched and wondered the whole time. Yours looks like mine did at that age. Two of mine have more comb then the other two. They all are Pullets. I think yours is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom