HELP 911!!!!! Chick not absorbing blood vessels??? DAY 25!

Llama3011

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2023
I have a chick that peeped externally but not internally. The membrane is really tough. I made the external pip a bit larger and made a pin size hole in the membrane. Now I think it is a waiting game but I think the chick is bleeding. Please give me some advice!!

I have a chick that peeped externally but not internally. The membrane is really tough. I made the external pip a bit larger and made a pin size hole in the membrane. Now I think it is a waiting game but I think the chick is bleeding. Please give me some advice!!
Is the membrane actively bleeding? Please send us some pictures so we can see what we're dealing with. There's a possibility the baby is shrink wrapped, which is a reason why the membrane would be extra tough. Be sure to moisten it with some coconut oil

Is the membrane actively bleeding? Please send us some pictures so we can see what we're dealing with. There's a possibility the baby is shrink wrapped, which is a reason why the membrane would be extra tough. Be sure to moisten it with some coconut oil
I put coconut oil on it I think it’s still absorbing the blood. I will send a pick

It is with a broody hen but it is hot out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 15
It’s is absorbing the blood and the veins are starting to go away. It is still moving it’s mouth so I know it’s still absorbing yolk. Should I keep reapplying coconut oil to keep it moist?

Back
Top Bottom