HELP!! Abandoned chick won't stop loud chirping

Just tried the mash, but it won't take it. hopefully it will calm down and go to sleep. I'll try again tomorrow.

I will call the farm with the day old chicks on the morning. Maybe they will sell me 2.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I am in the same boat, I have a singleton that hatched days too early. I have gotten it to start eating, I scatter food on the bottom of the bin and start pecking and flicking at it with my finger. It goes nuts with the movement of the food and pecks away. I suspect it is the loneliness that is causing the constent chirping. I've placed a few small items like little glass beads, a half a plastic easter egg and again "pecked" at them with my finger, that gets some response. I'm going to try a mirror, thanks to whoever gave that suggestion.

Chick is still chirping like crazy but otherwise seems ok. I put a mirror in the brooder, but it has had no effect on the chick. The chick ate more yogurt today and has been drinking. It has no interest in the feed. I will try scattering and pecking with my finger maybe mine will do the same. Just called the farm that has day old chicks and they will sell me 2. I will get them tonight.

Thanks for all of your help.

Well, I made aggangements to meet the guy at the farm. We drove an hour and when we got there he wasn't there. I called him, he said he was down the road and would be there in 15 min. We waited another 45 min. but he never showed up. I am so mad. So we did not get our chick any friends.

Anyway it seems to be doing ok except for the constant noise.

Hopefully it will grow out of it soon.

Thank you all for the helpful ideas and support.

The loud chirping is it calling out to it's mother or siblings. It's just instinct. Did you try the mirror? Sometimes that will trick them. If not you'll have to put it back with it's mother or continue to listen to the chirping.

How is your chick doing? Mine seems to have calmed down on day 4 (friday). Looks like mine will be a loner too, it is day 25 for the three remaining eggs and I'm throwing in the towel.

I too have thought about bringing in another chick but it is not convenient for me to just get a couple, there was a strict minimum at the store, so Fluffy will be a singleton. More love for him/her!

I have one of these that wouldn't stop chirping too. He was the last one to hatch in our bator and had some trouble.. The first two days all he did was chirp loudly. He's calm now, but he is with our other chicks.
I hope you can work something out. Oh and how rude that guy never showed up. Jeeez!

The chick is still chirping especially if it sees someone. It is active, drinking and eating. He/she does seem to have pasty butt and i'm not sure why. I have done the same thing that I do with all my other chicks and have never had this problem. I've been washing it's butt every couple of hours, so it's not caked on but has a clump of poo every time I look. What is this from? Could it be that when I found the chick it was cold and looked half dead?

I did try the mirror but chick ignores it.

i have the same problem as well! i found him yester day not under mama and he had just hatched so i put him back under but now the mother has hopped off and i have him on a hot watr bottle and hoping hes strong enough tomorrow to run around but i dont know...

Sadly I think your chickie has a disease and the mother bird knew that and left it to protect her other chickies. Is it still alive?

Back
Top Bottom