help..again!! (im not having good luck)

It died. The other one that had a crack hatched normally at 12 this afternoon and its been very wobbly and tipping over. It looks great but can't stand up for more then a few seconds and it tips over. It keeps getting stuck on its back. It's chirping and alert so I'm hoping it will be ok!

Any progress?? It's usually normal for them just to hang out with the beak at the hole, but you usually see periodic moving of the beak and often cheeping from the chick.  The membrane does look dryish, but from the pic it may also look like a little blood? Looks reddish from my computer, like he may have pipped through a membrane.  You can either pull it out and check on him or play a youtube video of chicks chirping at the bator and see if he responds, if you haven't already.
the chick did make a bleed. I opened the egg when I was certain it died and it was bloody inside down by the air cell. It was a beauty too. It's a shame that happened.

I have no advice with any help.
I can tell you that I am quickly finding out that having chicks is VERY stressful!
I'm going nuts already and I just started!
Good luck.

I have no advice with any help.
I can tell you that I am quickly finding out that having chicks is VERY stressful!
I'm going nuts already and I just started!
Good luck.
ha me too! I'm freaking out and trying to keep my hands out of the bator and let them do their thing. It's hard but enough stuff goes wrong Apparantly without touching them. It is Definately stressful I'm basically staring into the incubator all of my waking hours! But it is so neat to incubate and Its all just so amazing to start with an egg yolk and less than a month later a chick pops out. I do like it but I hate every single fatality and feel like I did something wrong. I constantly check the temp and humidity and do my best to keep everything right and hope for the best!

It died. The other one that had a crack hatched normally at 12 this afternoon and its been very wobbly and tipping over. It looks great but can't stand up for more then a few seconds and it tips over. It keeps getting stuck on its back. It's chirping and alert so I'm hoping it will be ok!
The one that was flopping over- has he gotten his feet under him yet or is he still unbalanced? It sounds like possible splay leg(s) and that is fixable.

The one that was flopping over- has he gotten his feet under him yet or is he still unbalanced? It sounds like possible splay leg(s) and that is fixable.
it's much better now! This morning it showed a huge improvement. Still sort of wobbling around but not falling over anymore. Another one hatched this morning and hatched fine but has a couple inch long gooey string connected to his belly into the bottom of the egg, what would that be? Its not bleeding and no yellow yolk it looks good beside dragging around half the egg shell!

it's much better now! This morning it showed a huge improvement. Still sort of wobbling around but not falling over anymore. Another one hatched this morning and hatched fine but has a couple inch long gooey string connected to his belly into the bottom of the egg, what would that be? Its not bleeding and no yellow yolk it looks good beside dragging around half the egg shell!
A little bit of umbilicus still connected. It should seperate itself and whatever is left attached should dry up and fall off. If it doesn't you can tie it and cut it by the "navel". If it's just a hair width cutting it is finr. Just don't pull it.

A little bit of umbilicus still connected. It should seperate itself and whatever is left attached should dry up and fall off. If it doesn't you can tie it and cut it by the "navel". If it's just a hair width cutting it is finr. Just don't pull it.

I have no advice. I know nothing.

AmyLynn what is your avatar picture of?
I think I need one of them!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom