help! baby quail has diarrhea

habeen

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2024
hi, this is my first time posting something like this and my first time taking care of quails, and i want to do my best
i have 2 baby quails at home that has hatched 5 days ago, but one of them has watery poop and im scared cuase i heard a quail with diarrhea can die within 2 days
im not sure which one has diarrhea
also i live in korea, even if i find a vet, they refuse to treat game birds so i cant go to the vet for help
im so worried what should i feed them or do??
also the chicks feed has 18% protien so i give them other foods in my home such as rice and eggs
also both of the chicks seen fine and are eating and drinking well
please help!

You are not giving them proper feed. They need game bird or turkey starter at 28-30% protein without the rice and eggs. If you can't find better feed, it's okay to add the eggs (yolk only), but not the rice.

I would separate the chick that has diarrhea in case it has a disease, but I suspect that it's simply not eating. Try boiling some egg and giving it the crushed yolk.

:welcome

Last edited:
You are not giving them proper feed. They need game bird or turkey starter at 28039% protein without the rice and eggs. If you can't find better feed, it's okay to add the eggs (yolk only), but not the rice.

I would separate the chick that has diarrhea in case it has a disease, but I suspect that it's simply not eating. Try boiling some egg and giving it the crushed yolk.

30% protein feed just to clarify. But everything else nabiki said is completely correct and what you should do.

Welcome to BYC!

You are not giving them proper feed. They need game bird or turkey starter at 28-30% protein without the rice and eggs. If you can't find better feed, it's okay to add the eggs (yolk only), but not the rice.

Thank you so much!
I tried to find a feed with more higher protein but failed(the highest was 20%TvT)
I will try giving the quails yolks and possibly other food with high protein that is not toxic to quails

Thank you so much for the help!

Thank you so much!
I tried to find a feed with more higher protein but failed(the highest was 20%TvT)
I will try giving the quails yolks and possibly other food with high protein that is not toxic to quails

Thank you so much for the help!
Cat kibble can increase the amount of protein, it usually runs around 30% protein. Just grind it up and mix with the 20% feed.

Back
Top Bottom