Help choosing a name for registration.. Pic Added

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
I have recently got a Yorkie puppy and I am having the worst time with names. This is my first time having to register a dog. Do you have to choose a "wild off the wall kind of name" for their registration or can it be something "normal"? Also is his registered name what I call him or is that just for registration purposes? I really am new to all of this
roll.png
The sire's name is Little's Storming Bam Bam and the Dam's name is Miss Maddeline The Magnificent. I will work on getting a picture up so that you can see him. He is such a cutie.

Here are a few names that I really like...

Oliver (favorite)
Winston
Sampson
Maverick

Edited to add: One of these names is the one I would like to call him.

PART_1303591279238.jpg

Last edited:
You should go with whatever your favorite is (In this case: Oliver). I always pick animal names for my pets before getting them, so 2 years before I got my dog, I decided her name was Daisy
tongue.png
, and it is! Just pick a name that you are comfortable yelling around the neighborhood, if he gets out
big_smile.png

I think you have as much freedom as you want with the registered name. At least with horses, sometimes snippets from both parent names are used, but the animal can be called whatever you want.

These can be a lot of fun. We made up outrageous names for camp horses that we showed in a small local fair. I was riding a horse named Taylor, but his 'show name' was something like 'Taylor's Terrific Ladies Man'.
tongue.png

How about:
Oliver's Magnificent Storm
Little Oliver Twist
Magnificent Maverick

Good luck
smile.png

Quote:
I normally do not have such a hard time, but this time I am just so darned confused. Oliver just fits for me for some reason, but I am also thinkin "how hard is this going to be for him to learn"...Thanks for the advice
smile.png

Quote:
Freedom is exactly what I was hoping for
big_smile.png
I do like Little Oliver Twist and Oliver's Magnificent Storm...Very good. Thank you!

Hey everybody.I know this is an older post, but I am back looking for more name suggestions. I ended up naming my first Yorkie, Oliver and his CKC name is Oliver's Magnificent Storm. I have a female now and I need help with a CKC name for her. We are calling her Bella. The Dam is Worrell's Penny, and the Sir is Maxamillion Max. Let's see what ya' got :)

does the breeder have any rules for naming? Is it a "letter" litter? Required to use the kennel name? Or a certain theme?

Back
Top Bottom