Help! corid dosing question

Dec 16, 2018
west, michigan
so i had a chick come down with cocci, so i got corid powder, i was told by a fellow member to use the severe outbreak dosing even if it is moderate, so Im going to put 1.5 teaspoons of corid in 1 gal of water correct? but it says i have to make new daily? my 12 7 wk old bantams do not drink a gallon A day! what do I do?

You can do what I did: go ahead and mix up a gallon of the Corid water and pour what you don't use in an empty gallon plastic water jug to save for the next day.

Can you mix a gallon a day and refrigerate part of it? Then watch how much they are drinking. You can use the refrigerated water the next day, but I would warm it up to room temperature. Keep the waterer up at shoulder height of the smallest chicken to keep them from poooping in the water. Make sure they are all drinking well.

Can you mix a gallon a day and refrigerate part of it? Then watch how much they are drinking. You can use the refrigerated water the next day, but I would warm it up to room temperature. Keep the waterer up at shoulder height of the smallest chicken to keep them from poooping in the water. Make sure they are all drinking well.

yes i can do that for the first dosing, but for the preventative( which iv'e heard other people dont do) i will be on vacation so i was wondering what happens to the corid if you dont make fresh daily?

so i had a chick come down with cocci, so i got corid powder, i was told by a fellow member to use the severe outbreak dosing even if it is moderate, so Im going to put 1.5 teaspoons of corid in 1 gal of water correct? but it says i have to make new daily? my 12 7 wk old bantams do not drink a gallon A day! what do I do?
That's the correct dosage.
You can make a half gallon each day if you wish - so that would be 3/4 teaspoon Corid powder per half gallon of water.

Keep your feeder, waterer and chicken area as clean as possible. I just cleaned my girl's feeder this morning because the dummies keep sitting on top of it and pooping.

Back
Top Bottom