HELP! Day 5 Candling eggs, the air sac is floating and moving around, not staying at the fat end! RA

Thank you, I'm pretty sure that the air cells are detached. Hopefully they will hatch, though...

Out of the 10 that made it only two hatched but they are fine so the hatch rate was terrible (probably as turning when they are upright for incubation isnt easy so I think sticky chick was a factor), but I still got 2 ducklings out of eggs conventional wisdom would have chucked so I wasnt too disappointed.

How did you get on Aquabubblez?

All need to stay for a bit or you risk chills how long depends on what you are hatching ie. Button quail shouldnt stay in longer than a few hours as need food and drink sooner, chicks I tend to wait until all the pipped eggs have hatched and the last one to hatch is fluffy then move them rapidly to an already warm brooder, that could be 12 hours or so after the first one hatched.

After they all hatch out, do they need to stay in the incubator for a period of time or can they put in the brooder? Sorry newbie learning

There is little reason to move them until at least they dry out and fluff up... Even then if there is room in the incubator there is little urgency to move them...

For me it mostly depends upon how much room is in the incubator, if there is plenty of room I will wait until they all hatch out before moving them... If I want to make more room for the soon to be hatched I move them into a brooder set to the same 100° or so... Once they fluff out there is little risk of a chill with short term exposure to cooler temps, it's no worse then when the brooder gets up to go get a drink...

Back
Top Bottom