Help dog bit a hole in 33 days along muscovy egg

I covered it and put it back under momma. Thank you soo much for all your help. Hoping he can hang in there..

Check the cotton ball in the morning, you want to see if it's yellow, if it is, chances are the yolk broke, if that's the case, I'm afraid there's not much anything could have been done. If not, still crossing fingers he makes it. Lol

Any news this morning, hope it's good.
fl.gif

I'm shocked....... I can not find the egg anywhere out there. It was under mom last night. I'm waiting until mom leaves the nest for her nightly outing to inspect further as she is getting pretty unhappy with me peeking in there the closer it gets. This is Emmys first time going broody. I found another egg that the dog got but that one had a very small embryo in it and there was black stuff in the egg. I'm guessing that one must of been dead before the dog got it. I built an enclosed area today for momma and babies so the neighbor dog can not get to them.

I'm shocked....... I can not find the egg anywhere out there. It was under mom last night. I'm waiting until mom leaves the nest for her nightly outing to inspect further as she is getting pretty unhappy with me peeking in there the closer it gets. This is Emmys first time going broody. I found another egg that the dog got but that one had a very small embryo in it and there was black stuff in the egg. I'm guessing that one must of been dead before the dog got it. I built an enclosed area today for momma and babies so the neighbor dog can not get to them.
mom must have taken care of it or it's buried in there somewhere. Good thing you made an enclousure that dog will be back, can you talk to the neighbors. Grr dogs running loose makes me so mad.

I couldn't find it in there. How would mom take care of it? I have talked to the neighbors but they don't seem to care.

Tell them if they don't keep their dog off your property you'll do something about it
you can call animal control and say the dog is killing your birds...

Back
Top Bottom