Help ducks going bald on bellies

Ally2u4me

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2017
My ducklings are about a week are so old and there going bald on there bellies. I try to keep there brooder dry but its hard to do those... I'm a worried new mom sorry.... Will they be k?!?

Sweet... Ive got to bulid a duck house cheap... I got a big dog kennel fence and old snowball stand... Maybe i can call lumber yard and see if they got scrap wood for cheap... Just not sure if i need to use chicken wire are what and how much will that run
Chicken wire will not keep out predators it only works to keep poultry in. To make a really safe place for your ducks you'll need to use hardware wire[cloth] over any openings and have a secure lock going into your duck house because raccoons can open many a lock. Some kind of netting over the top of your kennel secured so climbing or flying preds can't get in. @Ally2u4me .

Last edited:

Like this..;)
Omg i have to try that... Did it work good?!? How offend did you have to refill it up... I have 2 ducks

I filled it up as it got dirty....You can use sour cream or cottage cheese containers too...I just used different sizes as they grew..Now I use an ice cream pail.....:)

It works a lot better than a bowl of water they can jump into and splash all over the place...:)

I filled it up as it got dirty....You can use sour cream or cottage cheese containers too...I just used different sizes as they grew..Now I use an ice cream pail.....:)

It works a lot better than a bowl of water they can jump into and splash all over the place...:)
Sweet... Ive got to bulid a duck house cheap... I got a big dog kennel fence and old snowball stand... Maybe i can call lumber yard and see if they got scrap wood for cheap... Just not sure if i need to use chicken wire are what and how much will that run

Do you mean a dog run?......my Ducks live in a dog run and sleep in a Dog house.....

Cheers.....:)

Bald to skin? Or just looking like really short ?
Around 1 1/2- 2 weeks they start losing all that baby fuzz on their bellies and thick down is coming in.
Maybe thats whats going on. But if its bald to skin... thats something different.

Sorry i fell asleep..... There not all the way bald just when wet look bald... They like to sleep near there water tray where stays wet and there bellies not getting dry enough... I'm having a hard time getting them to sleep in the dry area....

Back
Top Bottom