Help ducks going bald on bellies

The dry area, is that where the heat lamp shines?....They are possibly too warm ...What are you using as a Brooder? I'm using a rubbermaid tub which i think im about to cut and add on too... Its just wet all over no matter how dry i dry and keep it...

Your right that they do need to get out of the wetness and need to dry off......:)

Cheers!

I keep in a rubbermaid tub... No matter how dry i keep it gets wet in no time... I think im about to cut it and add on too it...

I keep in a rubbermaid tub... No matter how dry i keep it gets wet in no time... I think im about to cut it and add on too it...

Try using a margarine container with a hole cut into the lid so they can only get their bill into it....That's how I watered my ducklings....I know how messy they are with water....;)

Try using a margarine container with a hole cut into the lid so they can only get their bill into it....That's how I watered my ducklings....I know how messy they are with water....;)
can you show me... Im clueless

Give me a few minutes...I need to look back and see if I have a photo for you...;)

Like this..;)

I filled it up as it got dirty....You can use sour cream or cottage cheese containers too...I just used different sizes as they grew..Now I use an ice cream pail.....:)

It works a lot better than a bowl of water they can jump into and splash all over the place...:)
Sweet... Ive got to bulid a duck house cheap... I got a big dog kennel fence and old snowball stand... Maybe i can call lumber yard and see if they got scrap wood for cheap... Just not sure if i need to use chicken wire are what and how much will that run

Back
Top Bottom