Help eggs pipped day 25

GraceHomestead

Songster
Jun 21, 2016
ok today is day 25 and I took the eggs and egg turner out to put in mesh and lay the eggs in for lockdown.
I have 6 eggs that have pipped!!
1 egg has pipped breech!!
This is my first duck hatch! Is this to early for them to be pipping?
Help please!!

Yay!!! That is so exciting!! No, ours hatched at day 25/26 and they were perfectly fine! In that same batch we also had a breech, we ended up helping her out, but that was because her mother stepped on the egg and kind of crushed it. Keep updating how it goes!!!

So their yolks were absorbed?
Just so worried!!
One has pipped breech at the complete other end of the shell and is holding its bill at the crack...and another has pipped in the middle. :/

Yeah, they were. I totally understand, I was too! They may need help later on, I'm not sure though as I've never hatched in a bator. I'll see if I can get someone to help you with the "what to do part".

It can take 24 to 48 hours from pip for a duckling to hatch. Just relax. Keep that humidity up, and your hands off. You can do a lot of serious harm if you try to help too much or too soon.

It can take 24 to 48 hours from pip for a duckling to hatch. Just relax. Keep that humidity up, and your hands off. You can do a lot of serious harm if you try to help too much or too soon.
I agree! Yes, to soon is often very dangerous.... It's happened to me.
sad.png

ok today is day 25 and I took the eggs and egg turner out to put in mesh and lay the eggs in for lockdown.
I have 6 eggs that have pipped!!
1 egg has pipped breech!!
This is my first duck hatch! Is this to early for them to be pipping?
Help please!!
You need expertise from @RavynFallen

Or @FoodFreedomNow Both know hatching in bators..

I only know under a duck chicken or goose. lol

Back
Top Bottom