Help eggs pipped day 25

Ok,so I'm a newbie but I red somewhere that an experienced muscovy Hatcher experienced "goo" with hatches, and it's apparently too high humidity during hatching. She recommended basically leaving the incubator at 65% , and only upping if the first to hatch out is having trouble. I know this is a late response, but thought it might be helpful to somebody.
1f62c.png
@learycow ? one of our experienced Muscovy hatchers.

Welcome to BYC @rookhomestead

Thanks everyone,
We are down to 8 ducklings now and I am pretty sure it is 4/4 but hoping once everyone stops the duckling talk and starts the adult talk we will know for sure.

Thanks for the info about goo. I kept the bator between 65&69%
I just hatched 2 ducklings Monday and both did great. They both pipped and took 48 hours to hatch :D a long time to wait but they did it!

Are you incubating with chicks, or just referencing previous chicken hatches?... I've got 3 muscovys in there, the other 2 were lookin good, but I'm a newbee!! I saw lots of movement in the other 2 just a few days ago, can't see much in the twin. Just the air sac and that kinda empty space in the point. I know they WERE growing right along with the others, now idk.
I've got chickens ducks and quail in there
1f648.png
were yours shipped? Someone just said that might be a part of it. Twins wow I hope they hatch that would be interesting to see!

I'm on day 25 today I have a quick question. Are they supposed to have a gap on the pointy end? Can't see anything near the air cell but when I candle the pointy end it's kind of clear
1f615.png

Also curious about clear spots at the pointed end! Mine has one but its a double yolk muscovy on day 21...

Are you using an upright turner? By Day 14-16 there should be a vein network that fully encloses the egg on the inside of the shell, even in the pointy end... that is called the CAM (can't remember full spelling at the moment), but it should give a red tinge to the pointy end, not clearish/cloudyish/yellowish liquid look...

Eggs may hatch fine, or have issues... like open navel, etc... I see underdeveloped CAM's in duck eggs more commonly when in upright turners rather than horizontal turners or hand turned ones...

Thanks everyone,
We are down to 8 ducklings now and I am pretty sure it is 4/4 but hoping once everyone stops the duckling talk and starts the adult talk we will know for sure.

Thanks for the info about goo. I kept the bator between 65&69%
I just hatched 2 ducklings Monday and both did great. They both pipped and took 48 hours to hatch :D a long time to wait but they did it!

Yay!!! :highfive:

Glad the ducklings are doing well and congrats on your new arrivals!!

Are you using an upright turner? By Day 14-16 there should be a vein network that fully encloses the egg on the inside of the shell, even in the pointy end... that is called the CAM (can't remember full spelling at the moment), but it should give a red tinge to the pointy end, not clearish/cloudyish/yellowish liquid look...

Eggs may hatch fine, or have issues... like open navel, etc... I see underdeveloped CAM's in duck eggs more commonly when in upright turners rather than horizontal turners or hand turned ones...
Maybe that's it then as mine are upright? It's happened everytime I've tried to hatch duck eggs. These are actually looking more hopeful than my last batch

My eggs were Not shipped. Laid by one of my 2 new/only hens. I got 3 in 4 days, then nothing, so I went ahead and started them. They decided to start laying again 3 days ago
1f600.png
the only one I noticed the empty spot in was the double yolk. First time I candled, they all looked really good, nice veins, the second time I could see the little duck developing, and this last time the 2 normal ones were wiggling around and hard to see. The double yolk was near impossible to tell whats-what. Not too hopeful since its clearly a long shot, but I'm gona try my best.

My eggs were Not shipped. Laid by one of my 2 new/only hens. I got 3 in 4 days, then nothing, so I went ahead and started them. They decided to start laying again 3 days ago
1f600.png
the only one I noticed the empty spot in was the double yolk. First time I candled, they all looked really good, nice veins, the second time I could see the little duck developing, and this last time the 2 normal ones were wiggling around and hard to see. The double yolk was near impossible to tell whats-what. Not too hopeful since its clearly a long shot, but I'm gona try my best.

Oh, and I manual turn.

Back
Top Bottom