Help! first time hatching!

Grrr just walked in to one of my nearby TSC to get more feed and bedding, I had to check out their babies, poor duckies had not a drop of water
1f620.png
all the chicks had feed and because they aren't duckies I'm sure they don't make a mess of their water. I told a cashier, she said "oh its because they splash in it all day"
1f612.png
1f612.png
I said, "oh I know they do, but they need to have access to water if you're going to leave feed in there. She did nothing!
1f620.png
I looked for a kid not doing much and told him to please give the duckies water, he said ok thanks and he gave them some water
1f60a.png

Ugh! (end rant)

I don't know what TSC is, but that makes me super mad ;; But not as mad as when I see industrial duck farming! Oh, it's awful! They drink from water nipples, they never can flush their nares! This is why I buy all my meat from local co-ops >.>

I have 2 TSCs within 45 minutes of me. Also have 2 Rural Kings. Anyone have any experience with RK? We found the further one about a year ago, and then they opened one 5 miles from my house a few months ago! Good lord, we go there too often lol. Alot like TSC but they sell guns and food and are just alot bigger than TSC. My SIL bought some banties a couple weeks ago and they seem to be doing great. They said they would get ducks again about mid-March. They had a group that sold out before I got to see them!

I have heard RK's are like tsc and walmart mixed....

That sounds like a real one stop shop!!

I don't know what TSC is, but that makes me super mad ;; But not as mad as when I see industrial duck farming! Oh, it's awful! They drink from water nipples, they never can flush their nares! This is why I buy all my meat from local co-ops >.>

Poor things
1f62f.png

TSC is a store, Tractor Supply, it has a variety of agricultural supplies. Around this time they have chicks and ducklings for sale in the store.

Last edited:
HAHA. Around me you have to know what a TSC is if you own any pet. There is no where else to buy food! I wish I could just buy from local co-ops. I do have fields that my uncle farms and we raise cows all grass fed and pigs but they are grain fed :(. Cant get anything else to feed the around here..... We do have one field that we raise organic soy beans on it. My uncle pays a mentally handicapped guy (Nicknames soybean dan) to go around the field and pull weeds out. He says it relaxes him
idunno.gif
Our hay is all organic but humans cant eat hay! I always feel bad for those industrial farm animals! My favorite part about raising my own beef is being able to eat beef Tar Tar (raw beef with herbs and spices and stuff). It is SOOO good and is safe because we raise the meant ourselves without hormones and junk!

I got my ducks from TSC and they are the best poultry animal!! I love them to death, they were so HAPPY to leave

That sounds like a real one stop shop!!
HAHA! I really want one near me! Amykins will know who I am talking about but this one breeder who I got some of my calls from lives in kentucky and has a RK near him and literally spent at least 45min telling me all the stuff they carry. I guess he was excited because they carry actual duck food not just chicken. My TSC only carries layer and all flock so I buy both and mix it up. I mean they also sell other stuff but none thats non-medicated and any good for ducks.

He sure does like to talk...a lot...but hot dang, does he have some of the best quality calls I have ever laid eyes on!

My RK has a whole aisle for chickens, an aisle for rabbits, several aisles of dog/cat stuff, tons of horse/cow stuff, etc. I haven't noticed specialized duck feed but I'm sure I'll be there this weekend so I'll look. Prices overall seem a little better than TSC but I've noticed they are high on some things, so you have to pay attention if you have alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom