Help for Muscovy at Door

Esmnole

Hatching
Jun 26, 2017
Greetings All,

Im new to this board but not to my love for ducks. Three years or so ago I had a Muscovy nest at my door and I got attached to her. I live in a residential area and I never thought of her getting attacked by anything. Come to find out one day before leaving for work, she was dead and we believe an owl got her. Since that day I made a commitment to try to protect my house from them. I shortly after got a product that beeps a red light at night and put it on all four sides of my home in hopes that someday I will get another duck at my door. My wish, thanks to my lord and savior God and his son, came true. I have attached pictures to give everyone an idea of what I have. Im looking for advice on how to keep her even more safe. I thought of a net or something to go above where she nests but then Im thinking any changes I make will scare her away. Just want to know everyones thoughts. Thank you.
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Oh, wow, that is really cool. I hope this time nothing gets to her. It will be so fun when you start to see the ducklings hatch. We had a duck nest in our yard about six years ago. Mama duck sat on that nest for days and days, and just when we thought it was about time for the eggs to start hatching, a racoon showed up and completely destroyed the nest and smashed all of the eggs. We were so upset, and I never found out for certain whether or not mama duck survived - there were feathers all over the place but we never found a carcass. Please keep us posted on your new house flopper and her eggs!

I have no idea what bird spikes are I live in UK do I take it you live in America
I would think to leave everything as it is and let nature take its course as messing with anything could stop the duck from meeting remember it is wild totally different to ducks in captivity

Back
Top Bottom