Help!!! Girl or boy chicken? I don’t want to get attached if I can’t keep her.

Duly noted! I won’t be going back. I’ve already started to grow close to Hei-Hei. It’s going to be hard to rehome him 🙁
I'm sorry that you can't keep him! He has beautiful plumage. What breed is he, anyway? I would guess a mix because Tractor Supply claims all of their birds are pure, but all of them are of horrible quality and usually male.

I'm sorry that you can't keep him! He has beautiful plumage. What breed is he, anyway? I would guess a mix because Tractor Supply claims all of their birds are pure, but all of them are of horrible quality and usually male.
Did you see the barred rocks they were selling that had the weird neck plumage? Tsc is 100% a bad place to buy chicks

As everyone else has said, hei-hei is
he-he.

I’m just chiming in in defense of TSC. I know people have had problems. I know that not every retail associate is as passionate about chickens as we are. But, I’ve had pretty good luck with my two local stores in northern MI. There are a couple people that are very knowledgeable and seem to care about doing right by the birds. Also, the stores seem to try to keep necessary products in stock and help fix it if they’re out.

If your store is crap, by all means don’t go there. I’ll keep going to mine with my eyes wide open.

To be completely honest, I’m not exactly sure. They sold me 4 chicks but I’m not sure which breed is which. The 4 breed types are Starlight green egger, Wyandotte, Maran, and buff Orpington. I know the buff is the yellow one. But not sure about the others. Can you tell?

To be completely honest, I’m not exactly sure. They sold me 4 chicks but I’m not sure which breed is which. The 4 breed types are Starlight green egger, Wyandotte, Maran, and buff Orpington. I know the buff is the yellow one. But not sure about the others. Can you tell?
In your pics, I think I see a Wyandotte pullet, the maran, and the orp. So, I would guess the roo is the one you thought was a starlight.

Did you see the barred rocks they were selling that had the weird neck plumage? Tsc is 100% a bad place to buy chicks
Yes, I think I remember seeing those somewhere here on BYC.

The buff one is the Buff Orpington, as you said. The black one would be the Black Marans. The Silver-Laced Wyandotte would be the black one with silver hackles, and the cockerel would be the Starlight Green Egger.

Back
Top Bottom