Help! Help! Chicken gasping!

Hey guys, I recently purchased a light Sussex pullet. I noticed yesterday she was gasping and wheezing. I have her isolated from the others in a totally different location. She is on duramycin ( in water ), probiotic food powder, ACV in her water, and also vetrx on her nose, down her throat and under her wings. I looked for injectable Tylan and my TSC didn't have it. She is acting TOTALLY normal minus the gasping and wheezing. She is eating and I'm pretty sure she is drinking. I noticed that she has HORRIBLE. Breath and it smells like the sour crop fluid, but I know it's not sour crop. I also looked down her throat and she has a large white, almost pus like build up in her throat. It's very odd. I've never encountered anything like this before. I have pics, but they are not that clear and you can barely see it. Any help would be wonderful!
Here you go, post #4:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/849240/helppp#post_12652303

Ok, so should I try fishzole? Once I get her healthy, can she live with my other birds and nobody contract anything? I'm very concerned with my other birds. My birds eat and drink out of metal waterers. Is that bad? You guys..... I'm feeling like a total failure. I'm so worried about my other birds! I'm leaving to go out of state and will be back on Monday. I'm so scared now. My step dad will be taking care of the birds while I away and this particular sick chicken is with my step sister at her house. She is isolated.

The fishzole is the same as metronidazole. What brand did you use? What strength? Canker is a fungus, and they spread it through contaminated waterers, so she got it from another bird. You could get her tested by a vet to be sure--wet pox can look like this, too. If she has canker she will infect the other birds if she is introduced. I think the metal waterers would be bad only for giving copper sulfate--I think it would rust them. Seriously, I would not introduce this bird to my flock. Culling is a personal choice, but I would consider it.

The fishzole is the same as metronidazole.  What brand did you use?  What strength?  Canker is a fungus, and they spread it through contaminated waterers, so she got it from another bird. You could get her tested by a vet to be sure--wet pox can look like this, too.  If she has canker she will infect the other birds if she is introduced.  I think the metal waterers would be bad only for giving copper sulfate--I think it would rust them.  Seriously, I would not introduce this bird to my flock.  Culling is a personal choice, but I would consider it.
X2

Since the infected bird is isolated and hasnt exposed other birds, now is the time to cull it. You dont need it exposing your other birds, nor anyone elses birds. Maintaining sanitary conditions, and closed flock will go a long way in preventing diseases.

Back
Top Bottom