HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?!

ManuelsChickens

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 9, 2012
Joliet, IL
So I Might Receive(If They Don't Delay The Shipping Day.)15 White Silkies From Cackle Hatchery August 9th. I'm Scared! Other BYC Members Have Posted Of There Baby Chicks Dying Before There Even 1 Week Old! I'm Scared What If this Happen's To Me!
Also They Say I Should Give Them Warm Water With 1 Tablespoon Of Sugar(Sugar Water)
Should I Still Do That? Cause It's Been Above 99 Degrees Over Here For About A Month So Should I Instead Put Cold Water With 1 Tablespoon Of Sugar?
Please Help Thanks. :)

Don't be so worried, I ordered chicks for the first time (15 in all but got an extra) and they all survived (I usually get them local). I never used sugar water but have heard it is good to get them going. Don't use very cold water for chicks. When you get them dip their beaks in the water so they know to drink. Get the brooder ready, draft free zone, heat lamp (start at 100 degrees first week), make sure they can get away from the heat. Search taking care of baby chicks and you will see lots of posts. It will be ok! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom