Help! I have to cook pork chops....

#2 Pork chop, potato and broccoli one pot dinner. - I use something deeper than a regular skillet, it is a heavy high sided pot and I follow this recipe but in the last 15 minutes, I add broccoli pieces to the top and they steam up nicely - one pot dinnger. Now rereading this, I also usually put the onions in on the bottom with the pork chops.

Skillet Pork Chops with Potatoes and Onion
Submitted by: JAWINFREERated: 5 out of 5 by 168 members Prep Time: 20 MinutesCook Time: 50 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 10 MinutesYields: 6 servings
"Pork chops and potatoes are cooked up on the stove with Parmesan cheese."
INGREDIENTS:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick), trimmed3 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese3/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper6 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced3 medium onions, sliced4-1/2 cubes beef bouillon1 cup and 2 tablespoons hot water1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Coat the pork chops with flour, and place in the skillet. Brown about 4 minutes on each side.
2. In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 the Parmesan cheese mixture over the pork chops. Layer chops with the potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese mixture. Top with onion slices.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in hot water. Stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the layered pork chops.
4. Cover skillet, and reduce heat. Simmer 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
I added broccoli in during the last little while for a vegetable, could have been zucchini or cabbage.

I take an iron skillet and put it on the eye with the heat on med high. Sprinkle the pork chops with garlic powder, pepper, rosemary, thyme and black peppr. (Keep an eye on the skillet so you don't burn the house down!)
Put them in the skillet and brown them well on one side then the other.

Now you can put a lid on, turn the heat down and finish on top of the stove until done. (use a meat thermo if you have one) ( tastle likes grilled)

Or put them in the oven at 325- 350 and cook until completely done.

Or take them out of the skillet; add some rice, water, chicken boullion cube and tumeric (to color the rice yellow). Bring to a boil and put the pork chops on top, cover and turn the heat down to low and cook until the rice is tender. I use regular rice and the pork chops get done in the lenght of time it takes to cook it.

Hope this helps. btw you can use some poultry seasoning if you and some garlic if you don't have rosemary or thyme.

Shake and Bake, the only way!!
cool.png

Oh my gosh. i never realized there were so many ways of making pork chops. I ended up trying to bread them cuz family gets home soon and i want to have it all ready when they come, but Next time i've gotta try one of these!

Honey Dijon Pork Chops

www.recipezaar.com - recipe number 15779

I used half chicken broth and half white wine. Turned out very tasty.

Ingredients

* 4 center-cut pork chops, bone-in
* salt and pepper
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 2 cups white wine (cooking wine works fine)

Directions

1.Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over med high heat.
2. Add a light coating of salt and pepper to pork chops.
3.Add pork chops to pan, cook until browned on each side (approx. 4 min each side).
4.Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
5.Add honey, mustard and wine to pan.
6.Bring to a low boil for 2 minutes.
7. Put pork chops back into pan with sauce.
8. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
9.Turn pork, simmer another 5 minutes, or until pork is cooked and no longer pink.
10. Serve pork chops with sauce drizzled on top.

Last edited:
coat the chops with a little bit of mustard....crush up those french's fried onions.....dip the chops in the fried onion coating....bake

crush up some rice crispie cereal, add a dry packet of Ranch dressing mix to the cereal...dip the chops in an egg wash then coat the chops in the cereal/ranch mixture... bake

both are very yummy! and you can use chicken with these also..
D.gif

depends on how thick they are. for the thin ones i like to just fry them in a touch of olive oil and coated in lemon pepper. the thicker ones i cook on the grill with a light dusting of dry rub.

Our fav is to rinse off and then salt. Take Graham Cracker Crumbs and press the pork chop on each side till throughly covered. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 till brown and crisppy. so good

I did pork chops braised in beer with apples and onions tonight. Its from one of my favorite cookbooks, "Please to the Table"

4 Center Loin Pork chops
1/2 tsp or more ground ginger
salt
pepper
flour
1 onion, sliced
3 Tbls butter
1 small granny smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
3 cloves,
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1/2 can light beer

Slice the onion and saute in 1 Tbsp butter until browned. In the mean time, rub the pork chops with ginger, salt and pepper, then coat in flour. Brown the pork chops in butter, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops from the pan, and add the beer, lemon zest and cloves. Place the pork chops back in the pan, add a dash of sugar, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Add the onions and apple on top, and return to oven for about 20 more minutes. The apples should be done but not mushy. Then sprinkle with 1 Tbsp brown sugar and broil until bubbly.

I usually add the onions and apples at the beginning, because I don't mind softer apples. I also usually skip the broiler step. Its best with butter, but other oil is also acceptable. I usually remove the excess oil before adding the beer.

This recipe makes a slightly spicy, entirely yummy, tender pork chop.

Last edited:
The only way we eat them (other than plain) is to marinate them overnight in Italian dressing and we always cook them on the George Foreman grill. They turn out very tender, juicy and I LOVE the Italian dressing flavor to them.

Back
Top Bottom