Help! I have to cook pork chops....

thin sliced potatoes on the bottom of a baking pan, brown salt and peppered chops, place on top of potatoes, take 1 cup of water and add a package of dry onion soup mix, place a can or fresh mushrooms on top of chops, pour soup on top, cover wiyh foil, bake 350 for one hour. can be made ahead and baked latter.

Kinda late for ya, but try using a can of whole (not jellied) cranberry sauce mixed with one packet of onion soup mix, use as a glaze/topping and put into a pan (like a cake pan) and bake in the oven at about 350 - 400 (depending on your oven) until meat is done.

I put mine on a rack inside the cake pan, so it isn't sitting on the bottom of the pan. The cranberry sauce tenderizes the pork, and it doesn't taste sweet - more savory than sweet. My sons scrape the cranberry off before eating it, but I like it just how it comes out of the oven.

This works good for turkey or chicken, too.

meri

Oh all those great ideas! I'm drooling!

Now I'll give you the Mistylady way to cook:
Bake it till it falls apart,
fry it till its crispy,
boil it till it soft!
and then call for pizza!
big_smile.png
I wish I could help but I'm a rotten cook! The chickens get lots of left overs .... not that people eat till their full ... they just suddenly start diets! LOL

I can't believe I didn't see this one.
Season to taste put em ON THE BBQ low heat and just before ya take em off brush with a little "Sweet Baby Ray's" bbq sauce. Or another fav in our house dip in fresh egg roll in bread crumb or cracker meal, season to taste. Put a good layer of oil in hot skillet, let them cook till the brown just starts to come up the side, Flip over and do same. Then put em in the oven 350 for about 30 minutes. The meat will fall off the bone. Dip in Apple Sauce as you eat. YUMMY !!!!
GOTTA HAVE APPLE SAUCE with chops.

Favorite way in our house:

Slice one onion thinly, and fry in butter on medium heat. Add to pan: pork chops, 1 c. hard cider, 1 c. sweet cider, a small handful of raisins. Put lid on pan and simmer 5 minutes, then turn the chops and simmer on the other side till done. You can brown the chops first, or cook longer if they are thick-cut.

When chops are done, set aside on a plate and cover w/ foil. Take the lid off the pan and cook the drippings till reduced a bit. Add a tbsp. or two of flour and wisk till smooth, then cook till slightly thickened into gravy. Chop some fresh rosemary and wisk that in, then salt & pepper to taste. Serve gravy on the side.

Very very good with smashed garlic-parmesan potatoes, spicy braised red cabbage, maybe some honey glazed carrots, a big green salad.

Back
Top Bottom