HELP inside runner duck

I got the oyster shell grit and a 40lbs bag of all flock feed! She honestly seems to really like the oyster shells so I think that just may have been the issue. Thank you so much to everyone for all the help!!

Oh good im glad you got it so soon. They only eat it when they need it so im sure she was happy to get some:) hope it helps. Good job!!

I think it is botulism, if she is doing better u can give her epsom salts, 1 pound salt per 15 gallons of water. Glad to hear she's doing better
smile.png

Hope your baby doing better, I have two ducks, one month old when can they go outside? They are feathering can I put them out with red heat lamp now? I have a duck house and new dog pen around it.they also have a small swimming pool.

At a month old they may not need any additional heat.
Do you have a pic of what they look like?
Mine are 2 weeks and 3 weeks. They have been outside with a heat bulb for the last week.
Depends tho on what breed as well. The only reason that it matters is since you only have two..
I have 13 so i will take away their heat by the time they are a month old. But there are so many they will help keep each other warm. Its still getting down to freezing here at night.
.......Sorry forgot to tag lov4paws

Last edited:
Hope your baby doing better, I have two ducks, one month old when can they go outside? They are feathering can I put them out with red heat lamp now? I have a duck house and new dog pen around it.they also have a small swimming pool.

Honestly if you only have 2 I would think about keeping them inside. I know that sounds crazy but you really grow a bond with them then. Mine knows her name and comes when you call her.

Back
Top Bottom