Help last day of lockdown!

It is not uncommon for ducks to take even up to 48 hours from pip to zip. Dont panic!! You should continue to hear peeping, so as long as they don't sound distressed, let them do their thing. As long as they are getting air from the pip hole, just try to be patient. How big is the pip hole? Can you post a pic?

If it is hard and dry, use a qtip and vaseline is better if you have it... otherwise, take a deep breath, be patient and wait... :)
Thry take much longer than chicks to come out... as long as it can breath and isn't stuck in, it should be fine... btw, make sure you don't get the vaseline/ointment in the nares...
I had one take 3 days to finish hatching... she is now my favorite little mob boss, lol...

:highfive:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! This is my first time to this site and everyone is so helpful. I am going to hold off on trying to get a picture don't want to open the incubator anymore I did moisten the membrane and I heard a cheep. This is really testing my patients!!

Thanks everyone! This is my first time to this site and everyone is so helpful. I am going to hold off on trying to get a picture don't want to open the incubator anymore I did moisten the membrane and I heard a cheep. This is really testing my patients!!

We know, and we're here for you. How many eggs do you have in there? Do some reading while you wait. It could be a long wait, I'm sorry to say! Haha
Talk to them, sing to them! Enjoy it! Try not to stress...they know what they are doing.
1f60a.png

:)

You got several good people who're keeping tabs on your thread now, so try not to worry too much now... any questions and someone will answer...

If you could get even a bad pic angled through the window without opening the bator, it might help give us all an idea of what you're dealing with...

Patience... wait til you have one determined to take their sweet time and only come out on their terms, lol...

I am unable to upload a picture from my phone! But we see a little beak poking through! Lots of cheep though! Only from two out of the eight that made it into lockdown.

I am unable to upload a picture from my phone! But we see a little beak poking through! Lots of cheep though! Only from two out of the eight that made it into lockdown.

Awesome! Glad you have some peeping going on!!

One way on a phone is to scroll to the bottom of any page, and switch to "desktop" mode, load your pic and post from there, then switch back to mobile. Its a PITA, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom