Help me ID these, PLEASE

retiredwithchicks

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Byrdstown, TN
These are some more of my 80 new chicks. They are 4 and 5 weeks +.

Have 5 of these with bars and yellow feet and legs.
23852_img_2579.jpg

23852_img_2575.jpg
[/img]
This one stayed white until this last week and is getting red markings.
23852_img_2572.jpg

This one is solid black except for the throat. Had thought is was one of my astrolorps that hadn't gotten all its black color but don't know.
23852_img_2570.jpg

This is the smallest chicken in the bunch. I had thought it was my mottled houdan when first arrived but has really changed since then. White and black with slate legs.
23852_img_2568.jpg

These last two are of one that was thought to possibly be a golden laced wyandotte in my other post. No definite decision.
23852_img_2565.jpg

23852_img_2519.jpg

1)&2)golden laced somethin's, you'll be able to tell later when they really develop their body shape
3)maybe Red Star, or Isa Brown?production red, I'm just taking a stab.
4)Definitly Black star, or Black Sex link-for sure female! She will be so gorgeous. I'm envious.
5)don't think mottled houdan, no crest. Also, how many toes does it have?Looks like four, if so, for sure not houdan. What kind of comb? It's mottled something alright-really flashy, pretty anyway you look at it.
6)golden laced wyandotte, got the wyandotte shape.
Remember, I'm just somebody with a standard (well, and I took 2nd in the poultry id contest in my county, and I'm one of the top five poultry showmen of my age group in my state...)

Thanks so much! Most people think the red star/sexlink and the black sexlink so those I think are pretty sure the breeds of those two. Most think some are the gold lace wyandotte which is great, maybe for sure the last one.

No, there is only 4 toes, checked on that and I had thought maybe the silver spangled hamburg as someone else did but wasn't sure. It is a small bird and definitely has the slate legs. The only one now in greatest dispute is #1, 2 and 6. I am thinking maybe got the pictures mixed and those are all the same bird, not sure, there were 5 of them.

Back
Top Bottom