HELP ME PLZ

Pics
The Durvet is the best option as stated by others.

Nutritional yeast is what I used when I had ducks a few years ago. I got it in the bulk section at Sprouts but also saw it in the vitamin area of the main grocery stores.
I used it from day 1 and not with Peking ducks. They seem to need more than other breeds.

You're getting great advice already so I will leave that to the more knowledgeable duck people.
Take a look at its kegs while swimming. What’s wrong with his right leg?

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpeg
    IMG_4838.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4837.jpeg
    IMG_4837.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 10
Take a look at its kegs while swimming. What’s wrong with his right leg?
miss lydia mentioned hobbles and splay leg earlier on in this thread here’s her posts ( i took pics)

Attachments

• 521F0F04-D18B-4A5E-A694-CF324CADF0D5.jpeg
    521F0F04-D18B-4A5E-A694-CF324CADF0D5.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2193BE67-5303-4877-A0A2-8A450B22FCE9.jpeg
    2193BE67-5303-4877-A0A2-8A450B22FCE9.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 11
Miss Lydia posted a link to this site where you have to scroll down to where it says "Leg hobbles to treat splayed leg." http://www.poultrypedia.com/poultry-podiatry

I can tell you what I did twice on silkie chicks if you have vet wrap. I cut a thin strip of it about 1/2" wide. I wrapped around one leg more towards the foot. I then wrapped the other side around the other leg leaving room between the legs so they are coming straight down from their body. I covered up the vet wrap between the legs with another thin strip just to cover the stickiness. I changed that twice a day. I did it for three days. Both chickens were cured.

Please read her link as there are several methods for making hobbles and mine's only one of them.

Miss Lydia posted a link to this site where you have to scroll down to where it says "Leg hobbles to treat splayed leg." http://www.poultrypedia.com/poultry-podiatry

I can tell you what I did twice on silkie chicks if you have vet wrap. I cut a thin strip of it about 1/2" wide. I wrapped around one leg more towards the foot. I then wrapped the other side around the other leg leaving room between the legs so they are coming straight down from their body. I covered up the vet wrap between the legs with another thin strip just to cover the stickiness. I changed that twice a day. I did it for three days. Both chickens were cured.

Please read her link as there are several methods for making hobbles and mine's only one of them.
Okay I did it with bandaids. I’ll keep you all posted. Hope it’s just a splayed leg and nothing more :(

When you hold the duckling will the right leg lay full straight like the left. I other words it will lay full length like the left leg. Just want to rule out slipped tendon. Hopefully if splay leg it will be working fine in a few days. Just keep the little one out of water while hobbled.
Can you get better pictures I can't really tell what's going on with the 2 you posted. Thanks.

When you hold the duckling will the right leg lay full straight like the left. I other words it will lay full length like the left leg. Just want to rule out slipped tendon. Hopefully if splay leg it will be working fine in a few days. Just keep the little one out of water while hobbled.
Can you get better pictures I can't really tell what's going on with the 2 you posted. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4849.jpeg
    IMG_4849.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom