Help! My gosling is wheezing and seems to be struggling to breath!

Kpowers5792

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2023
Hi! I have two beautiful little goslings that are about two and a half weeks old. One of them hatched with curled toes but other than that they have been pretty healthy. Last night I came home from work I pick one of them up out of it's pin and as it sat on my lap it seemed to be breathing kind of hard, and perhaps more concerning is that when it exhaled it was making a dry sounding, raspy wheezing/vibrating noise, and at times it turned into like a whistle. It had just drank alot of water so i don't think it was dried out. It kind of sounded like it's airways were constricted. It isn't like that all the time, but it has been happening quite a bit the past few days. Can that be normal in growing goslings? What do you thonk it is, or is wrong? What can I do to help it? Please help! I love these little goslings very much, and I would be so upset if something happened to them!

Hi! I have two beautiful little goslings that are about two and a half weeks old. One of them hatched with curled toes but other than that they have been pretty healthy. Last night I came home from work I pick one of them up out of it's pin and as it sat on my lap it seemed to be breathing kind of hard, and perhaps more concerning is that when it exhaled it was making a dry sounding, raspy wheezing/vibrating noise, and at times it turned into like a whistle. It had just drank alot of water so i don't think it was dried out. It kind of sounded like it's airways were constricted. It isn't like that all the time, but it has been happening quite a bit the past few days. Can that be normal in growing goslings? What do you thonk it is, or is wrong? What can I do to help it? Please help! I love these little goslings very much, and I would be so upset if something happened to them!
@Goosebaby
@MissLydia
@ColtHandorf

Is it possible to catch it on video?
“Posting videos here directly isn’t possible so what we do is post on YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, then post a link to it here.”

What feed are they on?
What kind of bedding are they on?
Was this also the gosling that had curled toes? Are they still curled?

Hi! Yes it is the gosling with the curled toes, and it's feet are much better! We mostly feed them chick starter with brewers yeast mixed in. For bedding right now we use puppy pads because they eat the pine shavings bedding. I will get some videos posted and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom