Help! My Hen is sick!!!

I will message you tomorrow and see how she did over night. I just gave her some water and a little bit of a Rolaid. She seemed a little better.
She did have a little more solid stool but she still isn’t moving. It is night tho.

Thank you Kiki. You are a sweetheart.

I went out to the cooptoday and I noticed my youngest hen laying on the ground. She wouldn’t move for food or when I called her. When I picked her up I put her on her feet and she wouldn’t move from that position. I looked for mites, lice, bound egg, cuts etc...... I found nothing. She looks like she is in a daze. Her comb is a little pale and her breathing is a little labored. I gave her a warm bath and also put electrolytes in the water. Which I had to force her to drink. I tried to give her food and treats and she did not take either. I also separated her from the flock because I noticed they started to peck at her. Any advice would help. Thank you!

Currently going through the same ordeal, but mine appears to be on the mend.
TetraVet, electrolytes, honey, cinnamon, molasses, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, garlic and ginger. Very labor intensive, but she's almost back to normal. It's been 6 days. Today she ate for the first time!

Currently going through the same ordeal, but mine appears to be on the mend.
TetraVet, electrolytes, honey, cinnamon, molasses, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, garlic and ginger. Very labor intensive, but she's almost back to normal. It's been 6 days. Today she ate for the first time!
Awesome!
I am glad to hear yours is on the mend.
May I ask what happened?

Awesome!
I am glad to hear yours is on the to mend.
May I ask what happened?
Awesome!
I am glad to hear yours is on the mend.
May I ask what happened?
First, she couldn't stand, then breathing became very labored, eyes shut. The next morning, couldn't hold her head up. Grayish mucous dripping from her beak, comb bluish. I started the antibiotics twice a day and the honey concoction every couple of hours. She's about 80% better after 6 days. Stopped the antibiotics after day 4, but still giving her the other stuff mixed in water.
She's our only chicken and I don't know if I would've been as aggressive with her ifthere was the threat of her infecting others.

Back
Top Bottom