HELP!! My power has been out for 6 hours and I'm two weeks into a batch of incubator eggs

My power was off for 6 1/2 hours and I'm happy to report that my chicks hatched, and two days early!  These were Icelandics and pipped on day 19.  It got down in the low 60s in my house.  I would think you will be safe, Angie.
That's good to hear! Did you candle them? I want to candle tonight see if they are still on track. I'm happy to hear yours made it! Did your eggs get cold?

Ok our hen decided to sit. Other hens still wanted to lay in THAT nest. So hubby moves her and her eggs to dog house . She doesn't want to sit there. Hubby blockes her in with then...the eggs went a day often moving with out hen on then.. She had already sat 6 days on then in first nest with other hens laying on top of her..so brought them in and put in incubator . Following week storm knocks power out...had a wood stove for heat because a cold snap...everything that could go wrong did and they still hatched. They are tuffer then we sometimes think. Good luck

Yeah, there was a point this morning when I said "Take over Mother Nature, it is out of my hands".  I think they will be ok.  Thanks for sharing, Janie
Two good post! I want all to hatch ! However my favorite bantams eggs are in incubator and she rarely comes in contact with my Roo. So I was quick to gather and get in incubator. Crossing my fingers ! I'm glAd to hear happy stories!

I'm happy to say all 10 eggs are alive
1f603.png
I'm amazed they all made it , nature is so neat!

Back
Top Bottom