HELP! Need dosage help for my sick chickens!

JAZsMom

Songster
8 Years
May 29, 2014
Damascus, MD
Help! I thought one of my 8 girls was egg bound, but didn't feel anything, so I've been keeping an eye on her (theyre all a year old). The other day I saw a 4 inch roundworm in her poop! I ordered Durvet Safeguard Goat Dewormer and it's due to arrive today. How much do I give them? I'm going to use a dropper, as I want to make sure they all get enough- I assume they all have them by now. I saw on here 7 ccs once and then again 10 days later? That seems like way too much? Advice? Thank you!
Jen
Oh! Also, how long should we stay away from their eggs?

Help! I thought one of my 8 girls was egg bound, but didn't feel anything, so I've been keeping an eye on her (theyre all a year old). The other day I saw a 4 inch roundworm in her poop! I ordered Durvet Safeguard Goat Dewormer and it's due to arrive today. How much do I give them? I'm going to use a dropper, as I want to make sure they all get enough- I assume they all have them by now. I saw on here 7 ccs once and then again 10 days later? That seems like way too much? Advice? Thank you!
Jen
Oh! Also, how long should we stay away from their eggs?
Administer the safeguard liquid goat wormer orally undiluted. Dosage is 1/2cc orally once a day for 5 days straight. It's best to worm ALL your birds early in the morning prior to feeding them. When birds are first let out in the mornings, they are hungry AND so are the worms...feed the worms the safeguard lol.
Normally there's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last day of worming.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for responding! I was actually going to message you tonight if I didn't hear from people :) Trying to read through a thread that you were involved with five years ago and you seemed to know what you were talking about. I'd just gotten to the half cc info. Ok , five days? Do I need to repeat it to get the first rounds eggs?
Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for responding! I was actually going to message you tonight if I didn't hear from people
smile.png
Trying to read through a thread that you were involved with five years ago and you seemed to know what you were talking about. I'd just gotten to the half cc info. Ok , five days? Do I need to repeat it to get the first rounds eggs?
Thanks so much!

Just dose your birds 5 days in a row...then you're done.

Back
Top Bottom